Hi guys new member wanted to introduce myself and ask for your advice. I am looking at two machines for use on my property. I have some wet ground that I want to clear and need a tracked machine. I am looking at two locally. Both 2009 a t190 owned by a rental company with new tracks 1500hrs and extensive maintainance history for 22k and a t300 with 4200hrs tracks need replacement privately owned by a tree service with equally extensive history for 17k. I would prefer the greater breakout power for the clearing that the 300 provides but the hours concern me. I am not afraid of repair work and can do it myself but hoped that you could provide some insights on the pros and cons of both or point me in the right direction.
Heyo, Kudos to you for taking on your landscaping! The 190 is a nice machine, but might be undersized for what you are trying to accomplish. How much wet land are you trying to clear, also is any of that land on a pitch or slope? Brush/trees? Rubber tracked machines do well in a lot of conditions, but if the ground is too soft and there is a moderate pitch there is a chance you can get stuck. I live in a world of wet ground. Personally, I wouldn't pick up the village bicycle. A lot of people operating the machine with various attitudes. Hard to determine how it was used from other than the service records. I own a tree service, and I can tell you that often the machines are idling while waiting for ground crew action (frustrating and mostly unavoidable). Idle time really adds up. 4200 hours can sound like a lot, but it might only be two thirds of actual work time. Ask them what they used the machine for, big bonus if you can talk to the operator directly.
my 1st question would be if the drive motors and pumps have been replaced recently, and who did the work... :drinkup