Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Question about dipstick

mikey1 ยท 2013-06-14 16:05

Hi guys, on my 580b the old girl is getting sluggish and very slow going from forward to reverse and reverse to forward. Long wait recently! so I have been reading and changed the fluid because it was milky in there. I need to change the filter yet. But, the question is, when i went to check the fluid, the dipstick rod was broken off of the cap. what is this one called #2 in the pic? the bad part is who knows where it is, probly down in the trans somewhere. Thank You all in advance Mike

Replies3
  1. #1AllDodge2013-06-16 10:39

    Don't know for sure but I'll guess if 1 is the trans then 2 I would think it is the final drive. Or 1 is the hydraulic trans FWD/REV and 2 is the gearing trans. If not I hope someone else will comment and with this post it will big it back to the top.

  2. #2mikey12013-06-16 20:48

    Thanks for the reply AllDodge, I think I will call the case dealer and see what they say

  3. #3melben2013-06-17 18:06

    The left plug (2) is the shuttle and takes the Hytran Ultra oil. the right (1) one the 90 weight transmission gear oil.Hytran replaces the TCH in most applications nowdays.