New guy looking for advice With no knowledge when it comes to backhoes but I do work on some med duty trucks and equipment. I can purchase this jcb 217 for about $3000 from a women who’s selling off husbands old company. It’s been sitting for a while but a battery Installed and it starts easily. I think meter said about 6000hrs Looks wise it’s in ok condition Could someone tell me what year it is? 1. The hydraulics are not working at all, I noticed pressure build up in hydraulic reservoir when I loosened the cap and foamy fluid is bubbling up out of the dip stick. 2. It will only go in reverse when I switch to forward any gear nothing happens no movement no sounds nothing. Do you guys thinks it’s a $3000 paperweight or could it be the tranny issue is maybe just electrical and hydros just need to be gone thru. I don’t mind tossing a few thousand into it to get it going. I just purchased a few acres to put a garage on and I will just be using the machine on my land. I tried to attach some pics Any input would be great
When buying equip that wont "operate".. google the WEIGHT of the machine & call the scrap yard & find out what they're paying for scrap.. Seriously.. & use that price as a guideline as to what you should pay.. just incase you get WAY over your head in repairs.. A BH that doesn't move AND the hydro's don't work IS a paper weight.. if ya know what I mean.. A tranny is expensive & hydo pumps are just about the same.. Not to mention IF you have to hire the work done.. Good luck.
Yea that makes sense when u put it that way thanks
You def. could make some money selling off the parts.. BUT.. then your stuck w/ removing & shipping them.. PITA..