Do you work on other pumps besides injection pumps?
No, just injection pumps, turbo's & injectors..
Do you take any medication to help deal with spurts of anger & frustration when dealing with difficult clients?
Over my desk is a poster with the words "Diplomacy is defined as the ability to tell someone to go to Hell in such a way that he looks forward to the trip". One day when I'd just bitten someone's head right off (don't ask, he was being a right tool) one of my colleagues swung round and asked "Nige, did you forget to take your Diplomacy medication AGAIN..?"
A Alright, I'll keep that in mind when I need help. Thanks
O.K. Anybody here doing hydraulic pumps? (charge pumps)
I REALLY NEED TO start taking it again.. so f-off.. {lol}
I messed around with one once... ripped it apart and was pretty scored up!! so figured I couldn't make it worse, right... Well honing the score marks down actually made it worse I figure it had to be just bad luck, so am ready to try again
What type of pump do you have, is it gear or piston or vein style.
What type of pump are you looking at (gear, vane, or piston) and what size of machine is it from..?
I did piston pumps for awhile. Gear pumps are usually throw away and replace. Vane pumps are basically kit units where you buy new cartridges and go back to work. Fixed displacement piston pumps can be rebuildable depending on what went wrong in the first place. If they need a lot of new parts, it can be cheaper to replace. Excavator pumps usually have some type of manufacturer exchange program to lessen the cost and also require the controls and pump to be set up on a dyno or adjusted after installation in the machine. All rebuilt pumps have disclaimers to limit warranty issues. Many state that you need to replace all the fluid, clean the reservoirs and change the filters. All that is a gray area used to deny warranty coverage. It's good practice but you are on the hook to prove that it was done. I've been called in when pumps have failed shortly after installation and the supplier claimed the reason is foreign material got into the pump. Doing load sensing hydraulic pumps is a lot like rebuilding engines. They can be very complicated, are subject to lots of manufacturer updates and don't take much of a mistake that will cost you thousands.
A lot of useful information here. I am working on a Ford 6500 backhoe with a 3x3 shuttle shift. I thought I might have a bad or weak charge pump(gear), but now think I need to look at the fiber gear ring that drives the converter.
In the case of a gear pump the best repair is to buy a new pump and turn the old one into a boat anchor IMHO.....