I am looking at a used yr2000 CASE CX28 mini excavator It is is wonderful condition, just sitting in a homeowners back yard for the last 8 yrs. I have discovered that a CX28 is a grey market machine, sold by CASE outside of US only. I am a bit worried about being able to get parts for it if it happens to break. I have called CASE with no luck, basically that is is not a US machine, so can CASE USA not look anything up. I have dug around on the interweb and found tracks for it, but no engine parts or pumps or anything. Any ideas? Does anyone know what the American equivelent to a CASE CX28 was in 2000 I am VERY interested in ideas and opinions. the machine is in great shape, runs perfect as far as I can tell with only 1600 hrs on it. I am just worried that if a pump or something important goes I will end up with a 7000lb piece of lawn junk
With the advent of the internet, you can pull parts from anywhere in the world. Somewhere someone can support the parts for that machine. Whether or not is worth the hassle is the question only you can decide.
Wellllllll That is what I thought as well, you know… how hard could this be? Everything in the world is just a FED-X package away, right? I randomly selected parts from the undercarriage and started searching, and can find no where that sells that stuff. CASE USA says that they both cannot look up info for me, and even if I supply the part number they cannot get it. CASE UK, says that yes they can get some parts for the machine, but are VERY reluctant about shipping to USA for some reason. This all left me completely stumped, which is why I posted my question here. I frankly just do not believe it, but so far that is where it is