Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Questions RE: 3 point implements and 3 Point Hitch Adapters on Skid Steer

redcheetah ยท 2011-06-02 22:05

I have a Case 1835 Skid steer and I would like to get a 3 point hitch adapter for it so that I can use some of the implements that I have such as the box blade and the areana drag. However, it appears that the adapters require the skid operator to drive backwards which I guess will work OK in my case but I found odd. Does anyone here use a 3 point adapter with their skid and what are their results? What brand adapter are you using? Thanks I am looking at this one: http://www.skidsteerexpress.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?preadd=action&key=ATTA3POINTADAPTER3 Thanks for the help.

Replies5
  1. #1Bumpsteer2011-06-03 10:48

    Since most tractor attachments are pulled, yes, you have to drive backwards all the time on a skidsteer. I made one for mine years ago, found out really quick I wasted my time. ointhead Ed

  2. #2redcheetah2011-06-03 13:25

    Thanks for the response. That is what I was afraid of. I hate to keep two tractors just to use a few 3 point implements but it seems inevitable at this point. I dont use the 3 point implements that much but it does not seem as if the 3 point adapter will even make the attachments useful in that configuration. Did yu find that the implements still functioned the same but were just a nuisance as you had to drive backward?

  3. #3deerefan2011-06-03 15:28

    We have one, berlon ind. I think. I've found most implements that u would use witth a skidsteer aren't built welll enough, or beefy enough. Don't know how much power yours has but we have a 299c, we had a guy using a spring tooth on it, he was takin it nice an easy but the first bout football siize stone he hit, it had the main braces twisted all up, my opinion a skidsteer has to mush power for smaller implements

  4. #4gumper2011-06-03 22:19

    I have a John Deere 3 point attachment adapter, which I use all the time with my JD CT332. I use it with a 6ft york rake and a 6 ft box blade. The york rake works well but only if used with the machines float feature. I learned the hard way with the first rake I bought which got all twisted up. I find the attachement useful but you have to be careful not to put to much pressure on the implement Driving backwards isn't a big deal once you get used to it

  5. #5redcheetah2011-06-04 21:53

    thanks for the input guys. I will probably buy the adapter as the arena drag we have is a heavy duty model meant for a larger tractor and I dont think my skid will damage it....although those are famous last words.