We own a 2003 CAT 420D and we would really like to avail ourselves to some of the quick-attach style attachments that are presently available. Does anyone on the board know of a company that manufactures a "conversion plate" that will allow owners of older loaders to use quick-attach attachments? In other words, I'd like to know if anyone is aware of a "pin-on" plate that will temporarily replace our loader bucket. The clamshell bucket that is currently on the machine is very useful, so we don't want to permanently lose it with any [potential] conversion. Thanks for your time, HandLogger
I believe the factory quick attach is a pin on that replaces the bucket. I would suggest looking for one of them. Try used attachment dealers. One I use is TE Deloss in Barstow CA. http://delossmachinery.com/ He has a lot of items, and sometimes ends up with the quick attach set ups.