I noticed my right front tire was almost flat while looking for other issues today. I added more air and ran the hose. The problem is it is leaking around the valve stem. Taking the tire off is a costly option. Is the a sealer I can use or does anyone know what stem it takes. I could try the quick change system where you drive the new stem down a compression tube and into the rim. Anybody ever try it? Machine is a case 590 SL with 2wd.
you sure there isn't a tube in there?
If you have a case or caseih dealer close by the part # A38261 valve stem subs to a 196033, it is $9.99. You tire dealer should have them by the 5 gal. bucket. Remove your front tire, roll it to the rear and use the stab pad to break the bead, remove the old valve stem and install the new, fill with air and install back on the front. You may also find it has had a tube installed, if so, the tube may not be repairable near the valve core area at the rim, you may need to stick a tube back in it, this may require some other tire tools to do. It will take longer to take the wheel off then to put a valve core in. Slime will sometimes stop the leak but in the stem area I would replace the stem first then spend the money and it still leak.
Easy to tell the difference between a tube valve and tubeless valve stem if you look at enough tires. Tubeless ones are fatter to hold the stem in place, tubes have straight stem. If there's a tube leaking then it will almost always leak around the stem, even if the leak is a nail hole in the tread area, or rust, or grit anywhere. I've never seen a tubeless valve stem leak unless the rim was rusty, or the rubber was so old it split. Bet you have a tube.
It is tubeless as the stem is fatter than the hole. The stem is just old. The front tires are bald. I don't really want to spent the money on them right now as they don't help with digging and I have other issues I am trying to get fixed.
Well you guys were right. It was a tube. I have never seen one like it as it had no nut. Anyway the tires are to thin i ordered new tires for the front. now if i can just fix the electrical i will be all set.