I know they make them. What do you guys have and were did you mount it. I am looking for one that looks like it belong there,not something wired to the inside of the cab. I know there not much room in a cat MTL or a skid but I need ideas and pic if you have them. Thanks all 10 hrs without tunes and the sound of the engine pined to the wood is making me a little nuts.
I believe Jensen makes the ones we install at work. Its basically a heavy duty AM/FM radio. The ones we get already have brackets and such to mount them and mount easily in Bobcats. Haven't gotten any complaints on them from customers either.
This is what installed in our Cat 252B. I had to drill 4 holes through the roof to mount it to the inside of the roof on the back left side of the cab. It is a real nice unit and comes with everything you need to install it. I am very happy with it. The only thing is the antenna is inside and is not as strong as most outside mount antennas. Also the way I have mine set up your left side ear gets most of the volume, but I wear ear plugs so it does not bother me. If I get a chance I will try and get a picture for you so you can see how I have it installed. http://cgi.ebay.com/Skid-Steer-Ster...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50
Here you go I took a couple of pictures for you. The speakers are suppose to be water proof and the door on the front shuts if you have an open cab are are worried about rain.
That looks good. How is that fastened to the headliner? And how close is that speaker to your ear?
I went out checked and the speaker is about 6-8 inches away from my ear, could be a little closer than that though. It’s not too bad though because your ear is in the middle of the unit so it’s not directly in front of the speaker. I hope this makes sense to you. Also if I tilt my head sideways it just to say rubs against the radio and I am 6 feet tall. I haven’t banged my head on it yet. I had to drill 4 holes through the roof to mount it.
that looks awesome! My machine is so loud I'm not sure the speakers would be such a good idea. Right now I use a walkman with special sound dampaning earphones and they work really well. Has any one tried using sound dampaning material behind the seat and cab?