Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Range Resources Drill Site Jobs

DuraMaxMan66 ยท 2008-08-02 01:24

This is the frac pond we built. Used to hold water for Hydrofracing new gas wells. Holds 6 Million Gallons. The drill rig is in the backround of the first picture.

Replies7
  1. #1DuraMaxMan662008-08-02 01:35

    This is the new site we built on a different mountain.

  2. #2DuraMaxMan662008-08-02 01:49

    Our Metso crusher and screener. The crusher is brand new and is the first one in the US of its kind. The crusher is powered by a 300 HP Cat. The screener is a rental and the engine is not a Cat so I have no idea what it is. We crush rock to stone the road up the mountain so tractor trailers can go up to the top to assemble the drill rig at the site and haul drilling materials.

  3. #3DuraMaxMan662008-08-02 02:00

    Ugh....stuck running haul truck this day to take rock up the mountain to the crusher. Haul distance is about 1.5 miles.

  4. #4RocksnRoses2008-08-02 07:43

    Good pics, DuruMaxMan66, I like your crushing plant, looks like you are crushing all in, taking off approximately 40mm, 20mm & -10mm. How are you building the road, are you putting down a layer of coarse rock first then blinding it off with the finer rock? Look forward to more pics. Nice country too. Rn'R.

  5. #5DuraMaxMan662008-08-02 10:43

    yes, when we first moved in all we had was the crusher and we were making about R4 sized but it had alot of dirt in it. Now that we have the screener it takes alot of dirt out and it sifts out 2B sized and thats what we put on the top for binder. I'll try to get some pics of the finished road. If you look at the pics of the site that is basically what the road looks like without the 2B on it. And yes it is nice country, I see deer about everyday and the same black bear with cubs about once a week. Its also rattle snake country tho:eek2

  6. #6Reuben2008-08-03 08:51

    You work for FORCE? I have bid against them on a few jobs. I have seen that truck a couple of times. I just did a three mile road up in tioga county and I saw that truck. Who knows may have been you. Where was that well site at.

  7. #7DuraMaxMan662008-08-03 12:35

    Yep I work for Force, I dont think Brian really bids for these jobs for Range....he just has a 5 year contract with them and pretty much moves his equipment wherever they say. He has like 20 some black Ford 350's. As far as I know I was not aware of any wells going in up in tioga county. All of our work has been in Lycoming county for the past few months and we havent traveled to Tioga county so couldnt have been me. Are you a contractor for Range too?? That well site is in Northern Lycoming County just north of Trout Run PA right by the center of Trumbull's activities for the new highway at Fry's Turkey Ranch if you've made it down that way to see that. Force didnt actually build the frac pond and the site....we just did the finish work on the pond and put the liner in it, and the site we just put our crushed rock on it. Howard Bros. out of Punxy is doing the major dirt moving for the sites and ponds.