Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rayco dozer ?

John White ยท 2008-06-15 21:27

Has any one had any experience with a Rayco dozer? I have never seen one up close, but was driving by a site and didnt have time to stop, but watched him a few minutes. He seemed like he was really moving dirt, and in reverse he just whiped it around like a bobcat and returned. Would this put alot of wear and strain on undercarriage. If worked this fast, would'nt it be pretty compatable in the amount of dirt that a JD or Case 450 could move? How do they hold up?

Replies12
  1. #1humboldt deere2008-06-15 21:35

    I never even heard of one so I looked on machinery trader and found one, looks about 5 tons, combination of an MTL and a dozer. do they make larger ones?

  2. #2Steve Frazier2008-06-15 22:22

    Throw Rayco into the site search engine and you'll see a number of threads that touch on this machine.

  3. #3John White2008-06-16 20:25

    I think they make only one size. I have never really seen one up close . And the information I am asking for would just about have to come from someone whko owned one or operated one. I think they weigh around 9000 lbs.

  4. #4pwrstroke6john2008-06-17 00:38

    Im not sure about their dozers, but Rayco is a good name in stump grinders. and forestry mowers.

  5. #5humboldt deere2008-06-17 00:53

    I think thats Raygo with a G.

  6. #6Noose2008-06-17 19:59

    We tried the dozer on the FM 87 it is great for rough grade work but a little difficult to smooth a final grade. Not worth the money for our landscaping.

  7. #7Orchard Ex2008-06-17 20:28

    http://www.raycomfg.com/crawlers.htm

  8. #8John White2008-06-19 08:40

    No g in it. Rayco

  9. #9John White2008-06-19 08:54

    Could you give me a little more information on it. How it worked, was it efficent. Cost of repairs? ( sent you a private e-mail but dont know if it went through)

  10. #10Noose2008-06-19 13:42

    Cost of repairs? Maybe a welder, It used the c frame of the mulcher. A 1/2 hr switch over. Replacement cutting edge? We used it for a week and took it back. For gouging rough grade it's fine but like I said earlier, final grade is frustrating. With all the engine weight behind the cab, a loaded blade in front creates a teeter toter effect. I took it back! If you need a dozer buy a dozer, If you need a mulcher, buy a Rayco/Fecon (dedicated machine)They are built that way for a reason. We've got the Bobcat S300 with a mulcher on it, trying to be a little more diverse. It works but the Rayco FM87 is a far superior machine. It handles crazy terrain, It mulches in a fraction of the time. We tried the FL 87 (loader style) Same thing electro-hydraulics fade bogging the head out, Your tilt looses pressure then kicks out before you can react. Which results in starting and stopping the head ( motor torquing) alot.

  11. #11digger242j2008-06-19 14:36

    You're probably thinking of RayGo rollers. Mentioned in this article, it says they're now part of CAT.

  12. #12John White2008-06-19 18:28

    Noose thanks for the information. Nothing like asking some one who has used or owned a paticular machine, who has experience with it. I guess basically it would be like a tracked skid steer with a blade on it. Maybe a little heaiver.