Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ripping D9G

Neil D ยท 2008-06-15 15:06

Deas Plant My mate stuck some photos of me ripping with the D9 at my current job on the "classic machinery.net/forum/" website under dozers Neil

Replies21
  1. #1Lashlander2008-06-15 15:54

    Nice pics. Looks like that dozers in pretty decent shape.

  2. #2Neil D2008-06-15 17:52

    Hy Lashlander yeah,this is its first job with me,the previous owners had kept it in excellent condition.the only jobs I did were to fit new bearings to the left side front hydraulic ram blade end,remove shims from the other one,new bearings to the cross shaft for the rams and a few ball joints etc on the steering clutch linkges and the throttle linkages. Its fitted with a Komatsu 155 blade which needs a bit of tightening up other than that its in pretty good shape, Regards Neil

  3. #3JDOFMEMI2008-06-17 00:40

    Tried to look, but can't get to the site??? Can anyone post a link, or is the site just down?

  4. #4Lashlander2008-06-17 02:24

    http://www.classicmachinery.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1086

  5. #5rino14942008-06-17 05:55

    You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

  6. #6JDOFMEMI2008-06-17 10:23

    I even tried registering for the site, and still get the same message as rino

  7. #7bear2008-06-17 10:30

    me too. :Banghead

  8. #8d4c24a2008-06-17 11:04

    pictures here are the pictures of neils machine cheers graham

  9. #9stretch2008-06-17 13:04

    Oh yeah...still loving those old Cats.

  10. #10bear2008-06-17 13:29

    The only thing that would make that look better is... me lol Love the old Cats, thanks for the pics looking good.

  11. #11JDOFMEMI2008-06-18 11:59

    Graham Thanks for taking the time so we could see these. Neil Nice looking old Cat there. Glad you have her working.

  12. #12Wolf2008-06-18 13:50

    big powerful old CAT there. love those machines. great pictures too.

  13. #13Neil D2008-06-19 18:58

    Thanks for all your comments guys Neil

  14. #14jurgcor2008-06-21 16:13

    Thanx for the pics, Love to rip that rock. Where are you ripping at. I myself see alot of West Texas, central and a little southern. Love that miserable tight limestone.

  15. #15AtlasRob2008-06-21 17:00

    Thanks for that Graham :thumbsup, spent an evening there after Neils post but couldn't quite take the step Great looking machine Neil, just keep TC away from it :stirthepot opcorn

  16. #16tctractors2008-06-22 11:51

    D9 ripping Rob if I get my spanners near it there will be some good gulp's of "GUN SMOKE" coming out of the stack. tctractors

  17. #17AtlasRob2008-06-22 15:37

    Now that would open another can of worms we best leave alone

  18. #18Neil D2008-06-22 15:46

    jurgcor, I am working three miles outside the town of Ballynahinch which is ten miles(I think) south of Belfast. As for tc when I git him over here he'ill be missing the bride so much I 'ill have no problem keeping him in check!! Neil

  19. #19FatCatGotHot2008-06-28 07:47

    Here's some nice footage of a late D9G doing some ripping somewhere in Italy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNE_orxj0us I kinda like that selfmade debris guard on the blade. But that noise from the tracks is awsome! I would wear earplugs if I had to run it.

  20. #20Wolf2008-06-28 12:19

    that's a big powerful old machine. looks great for rippin' how's it going over there?

  21. #21Neil D2008-06-28 18:20

    Wolf going ok at the minute-customer is very happy with the amount of stone being produced. What about yourself? Regards Neil