(I don't know how to remove the old post) I am replacing both brake master cylinders due to leaks. I am thinking of leaving off the crossover tube that connects the two cylinders and plugging the ports. It's a difficult place to work and having one less tube to attach will make the job easier. I figure the purpose of the tube is to equalize brake pressure from left to right, but I don't see there being a lot of imbalance when both pedals are locked together anyway. I rarely use the brakes independently, but it seems that the crossover tube would work against you in that case. Does anyone see a good reason to install the crossover tube? Is there another reason for the crossover tube?
I don't know that model specifically, but typically a crossover tube is installed so that if you're going down the road and slam the brakes for an emergency stop, then both brakes apply together equally, instead of one grabbing and flipping you on your side. They will never be equal just from pedals being locked together. It shouldn't affect the independent operation of one brake if they're not both applied.
I'm assuming that in normal braking the crossover tube wouldn't be necessary. I think I'll install it anyway. Thanks for the reply!