Hey guys, as the title states i purchased a 2005 t180 bobcat just over a week ago. It has 2400hrs on it. Pilot controls/joystick machine. I am kind of a newb when it kinda comes to the whole heavy equipment scene, this is my first machine purchase, I've previously rented machines from our local machinery rental company for a private mx track I have/built. I figured it was time to bite the bullet and make a purchase of my own. The machine is only for personal use on own property and few projects, no real heavy construction etc. I purchased the from machine a small private contractor company that used it for some site work/ loading trucks and plowing snow that was getting rid of the machine due to wanting to upgrade larger machine. Overall I'm pretty happy with the machines condition. I did do a filters/oil change/drive belt on the machine just to make sure everything is fresh. One of my main questions is about the throttle hand lever, is doesn't move at all. The machine has the throttle petal for my foot that works normal but would like to have the option of using the stationary hand throttle for more constant power. With the bolts loose should the lever move freely? Say to throttle up? I have taken off the two bolts that hold on the assembly and there looks to be rust on the brackets and the plastic. Between the handle itself there is no washers/wavy washers or anything that I have read about online that I think Are supposed to be there. I did purchase a service manual for the machine but I can't find anything in the manual for the throttle lever. Any insite would be greatly appreciated. Also any other major concerns I should look out for with this particular machine. Thank you in advanced!
I’m just a private user too with a 2009 ASV PT50 skidsteer. The hand throttle on that has bolts towards the bottom that increase the “tightness” in terms of holding the throttle level in position. For example, right now it needs to be tightened up a bit because it slowly backs off after running a bit, so I just push it back up. Has a foot throttle too, but I usually just use the hand throttle (use it mainly for snow blowing, so I keep the throttle at a high steady speed). So....it may be just an issue of you loosening up those rusted bolts. Spray penetrating oil all over them and let them sit overnight.
youprobably need to replace the 3 wavy washers and the fiber washer the 2 allen head bolts set the tension
Thanks for the replys guys sorry just getting back on here, actually ended up getting it all squared away and fixed yesterday. Between the throttle lever itself and the plastic housing the fiberwashers were completely shot, were completely stuck/kinda bonded together in a way. Clearly previous owner didn't seem to care to use it or maintain it for use. Took whole mechanism apart and cleaned everything up real nice. Ended up having to make two new washers/spacers. I ended up making them out of some hard abs plastic I had laying around the garage which worked out perfect. Got it all back together and works like a charm. Was gunna take pics to post up of everything but completely forgot. Thanks for the help