Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Vibrator

tuney443 ยท 2010-03-19 10:48

I have an old Royer shredder with a 4 cylinder air cooled Wisconsin engine.Don't know the model,the factory--Cornelius,out in Cal. doesn't even know for sure.Anyway,it runs fine,put a new belt on her last season,but the problem is my material,even when almost dry will hang up on top of the pipe grate and the steel sloped walls of the hopper before it reaches the belt.I need a vibrator bad,just not sure what size.I called up Vibco and they want to sell me this $1K unit just because they're not sure exactly what I might need.Anybody know anything about 120V vibrators?

Replies4
  1. #1tonka2010-03-19 11:34

    lol this might sound redneck but we used a water pump of an old Chevy 350 with a counter weight welded to it and a clothes dryer motor with a belt to drive it, mounted to the side of a screen this old redneck i worked for had.... i know i know....lol

  2. #2tuney4432010-03-20 09:58

    If I can't get a better answer here or somewhere else on vibrators,you know that sounds like it just might work--an eccentric.I don't mind redneck if it works and saves/makes me money. Thanks

  3. #3mitch5042010-04-11 00:50

    my bagger has run for years with 12'' of 1'' shaft with 2 pillow block bearings and a piece of 1/2'' plate welded to shaft between bearings, pulley on 1 end out side bearings and a 1/2 hp motor belt driving it bolted to the hopper used when needed to vibrate sticky material my screener is made with a piece of 4'' shaft all the way across the underside mounted in flange bearings at the ends w/ pieces of billet steel just inside both bearings, pulley out side bearing at one end and 7.5 hp motor belt driving this is the main drive for the screener

  4. #4jrclam2011-04-05 08:00

    Hello- New to the forum- We operate ocean going fishing vessels and use old vermeer shakers that are no longer in production. Please contact me if anyone knows of any old inventory or used units just gathering dust. I would also consider any other modern shaker if it is a stand alone hydraulic unit that we could adapt to our use. Thanks in advance-- Jim Roussos