Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Relays for a 580 case super l extendahoe

hammer head ยท 2024-01-16 13:45

I am in search of electrical schematics for a 1994 580 case super L extendahoe 4X4. Serial number JJGO194900 which I believe makes it a series 1 I am trying to find a short or bad relay that is not allowing my backhoe to go into gear. I have a smoked relay that I cannot read the numbers on it is a rather large one that sits on the top left corner of the relay box it was literally smoking not sure if this was the problem but I cannot find anybody to get me a relay.

Replies5
  1. #1JBrady2024-01-17 16:23

    If you can post this in the Tractor/Loader/Backhoe forum, you will probably get a quick response. I have a 590 Super L and this is from the parts book. Probably the same part number for that, but you should check for yourself. I am pretty sure the parts book for that backhoe is available online for free. I had to buy my service manual. It sounds like you are looking for item #26A.

  2. #2hammer head2024-01-17 18:24

    That is exactly what I'm looking for. The part number 278665A3. Has been replaced by part number 347706A3. What I am also concerned about other than the price that just knocked me off my feet, is it seemed like it was going out intermittently before it burned up is this possible do you know it did go in and out of gear several times before it just stopped I thought I had a short my wires I'm going to ring everything out tomorrow but you can smell this thing it is burnt like a crispy potato chip

  3. #3hammer head2024-01-17 18:27

    And yes you are probably right this is my very first post I am a new member after being on here for a while I am figuring it out. Thank you very much

  4. #4Simon C2024-01-17 18:50

    Worked on one about 5 years ago. All the terminals in the relay panel were quite loose for the relay pins to make proper contact. This generally makes heat and causes other problems. I had to tighten up a lot of the receiving terminals, which is hard enough to do. If they are loose nothing will work properly. I used a set of break out wires to be able to pll the relays out to check voltages. A relay clicking does not tell you much other than signal came in and out of the pull winding coil in it. Hope you get it figured out. Simon C

  5. #5hammer head2024-01-17 19:13

    Yes I have already come across several wires popping out the backs