Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Remove ** 50HX Crankshaft Pulley

FergyMassey ยท 2011-06-30 00:28

Hydraulic pump drive shaft not turning; removed pump, drive shaft and crankshaft pulley adapter plate. Found sheared key so previous owner welded adapter plate to shaft. Plan on taking shaft and plate to machine shop for repairs. When removing adapter plate, found broken bolt in crankshaft pulley. Unbolted pulley from crankshaft and found out you can't remove the pulley because it hits the front tractor frame. Question is do you have to remove the front axle assembly to remove the crankshaft pulley? Is this poor design or has the engine moved up on frame some how? Thanks for any help.

Replies2
  1. #1FergyMassey2011-07-13 22:09

    After studying my situation I decided it was a poor design and the front axle pivoting bracket had to move forward 3/4 of an inch to remove the engine crankshaft pulley. I started by disconnecting the hydraulic lines going to the cooling radiator and the suction line and supply hose from the hydraulic pump. Then I supported the tractor on each side with floor jacks just in front of the cab. I supported the front of the engine with a hydraulic bottle jack. Unbolted the frame from the axle pivoting bracket (3 bolts on each side). Unbolted the engine from the axle pivoting bracket without removing the bolts (6 bolts). Separated the engine from the axle pivoting frame with a pry bar on each side until I had enough room to remove the crankshaft pulley. Hope the information is helpful to someone.

  2. #2Mike Knap2024-10-16 17:05

    Similar setup as this? ** 50a