Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Removing cat d4h engine

Cp earthmoving · 2024-10-19 04:51

hi I’m after some advice or the procedure to removing motor from cat d4h serial number 3ac00622

Replies11
  1. #1Nige2024-10-19 05:16

    I think thie attached probably covers it.

  2. #2Mechanic_Caterpillar2024-10-19 05:39

    I'll add about the radiator)

  3. #3Cp earthmoving2024-10-19 15:38

    Thankyou so much , starting the job tomorrow

  4. #4Cp earthmoving2024-10-19 15:40

    Thankyou got everything crossed pulling it all apart out in the paddock can’t get it back to the shed

  5. #5Mquinista2024-10-20 16:10

    Remove the final´s end shafts ... then u can bully it around to where u need... this days its becoming handy to have a shed at least

  6. #6Cp earthmoving2024-12-06 18:49

    Hi I’m wanting put an oil pressure gauge onto my motor that I’ve just re built is there a port that I can screw the sender into on the cat dh4 h motor 3204 motor

  7. #74digger2024-12-07 10:38

    There should be a plug on the oil filter housing where you can tie a gauge into.

  8. #8Nige2024-12-07 11:50

    If there is no plug on the head of the engine oil filter then one or other of the plugs #10 at either the front or rear of the engine block in this illustration should be oil pressure AFAIK. Your other option is to find the low oil pressure switches and tee into the same connection. There are two identical switches marked #12 & 13 on the parts illustration. The feed from one switch powers the hour meter, the other is for the low oil pressure indicator on the EMS panel.

  9. #9Cp earthmoving2024-12-07 14:49

    Thankyou so much heading out now to finish the wiring and then start up .

  10. #10Zwhee2025-10-15 17:32

    Does the torque convertor and housing come out with the engine? Or did you support it from the bottom? Mine has no visible supports

  11. #11Nige2025-10-15 17:36

    Please post a Serial Number for the remove & install procedure specific to your machine.