Tried to remove oil plugs on the SK130 HyDash traction motors only to find they are really stuck. Usually if you pound on a bolt/plug with a flat face punch it will loosen the set but not these. I have resorted to using the hot wrench to heat the nut on a bolt but never a plug in a cast iron housing. I'm guessing these haven't been out since they left the factory. Not good. Anybody have any suggestions. I'd like to hear what the experienced hands would do with this before I put the acetylene to it and maybe damage a seal, especially with oil inside. Almost broke the allen wrench with a snipe trying to turn the thing. Thx. :Banghead
big rose bud , heat it up fast . With steel/cast iron the heat will disapate fast and not heat the area to far from the plug .