Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Repair Sleeve Needed

cmgond57 · 2023-06-10 14:52

HI, Does anybody have any idea where to purchase repair sleeves? I have a fan drive pulley for a case backhoe and I need a repair sleeve for the shaft. Shaft measures 2.1225" Thanks in advance! Chas

Replies9
  1. #1Coaldust2023-06-10 15:18

    Download the SKF Speedi sleeve catalog and go from there. NAPA can get SKF. Hello new guy. How about heading over to the new member forum and introducing yourself. We have the skill and we have the tools and we know how to chat. If you are looking for a Forum, the HEF is where it’s at!

  2. #2Tinkerer2023-06-10 15:54

    Welcome to HEF, cmgond57 ! It would help if you posted what make and model machine your are refereeing to. Are you asking about a crankshaft that has a groove in it caused by the oil seal lip ?

  3. #3cmgond572023-06-10 23:31

    Thanks! I've been searching for two days and nothing, your reply is greatly appreciated. That particular pulley is D/C and if you could find one the price is upwards of $400. I found a used one in the same condition for $250.

  4. #4cmgond572023-06-10 23:38

    I have a Case 580C with a 207D in it. I need a repair sleeve for the fan drive pulley which goes through the front seal, that is the bearing surface for the crank unlike the rear seal where the seal bearing surface is machined on the crank. The shaft on the pulley measures 2.1225. it already had a wear sleeve on it but a groove is worn into it and the seal leaks. I could have it TIG'd and machined but a sleeve would be less expensive.

  5. #5Tinkerer2023-06-11 09:57

    Call Dale Wiess. Here is a link to his website. ---> Dale's Website Link

  6. #6cmgond572023-06-11 10:25

    Thanks Tinkerer! Will check him out!

  7. #7cmgond572023-06-11 10:28

    They actually have one listed! Will call n the am!!

  8. #8kshansen2023-06-11 10:59

    Sometimes when groove is too deep a Speedi sleeve will not work by itself as they are very thin. What I have done on some nasty worn hubs is to clean real good then fill with epoxy a little oversize then if you can mount it in a lathe dress it down to the size of the shaft after it's cured. Then install the sleeve and the epoxy will help support the sleeve.

  9. #9cmgond572023-06-11 16:27

    Hi KSHANSEN, yes good advice. The shaft already has a sleeve in it and the groove is through the sleeve. After I get it off I’ll be able to see the damage. I’ve always relayed on JB Weld for minor things. I do have a lathe and mill and figured this is what I’d be doing. My problem is that the people I talked to didn’t know where to get one. Now I have that source figured out. Thanks!