I have seen vendors in the past that offer weld in replacement roll pan corners and sheet metal repair panels in the past. For the life of me, I can't remember where! Does anyone have an idea where I can find this. I have a 9040B that needs about 4 feet of the lower roll panel replaced. Thanks in advance
Almost a year and no one has an answer? I know that there is bound to be someone that has a clue? Or does NO ONE ever restore excavators?
Yair . . . . bvfdfire Dunno mate. It may be different in a huge market like the US but to me it would seem illogical for an outfit to make and stock panels. With photos, measurements, and some plywood profiles any decent sheet metal shop should be able to roll/press/fabricate pretty much what you need. When doing this sort of cosmetic repair I usually tried to go a little lighter with new panel to make it easier to bend,spring or panel beat into the exact shape. Cheers.
If there is a company out there that makes aftermarket replacement panels for equipment I'd like to know too. For instance I would like to replace the sheet metal on our 321 under the cab that bolts to the car body. Cat want's north of $2K for it, not going to happen. In the mean time I've straightened it up some and bondo'd it. It looks ok but I'd like it to look better. I'd be willing to pay $500-700 but not over $2K.
You can buy repair sections from Cat. Here's a 330C we repaired a few years ago.
Make a cardboard template, take some pics and measurements or borrow somebody's piece you want to have made and have a local fab shop make it. I've done it many times and have had good luck. Plus, you're shopping and supporting local businesses!