Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Replacing heater in an 1845C and looking for ideas on plumbing

Jbullfrog · 2022-01-22 18:13

I have an 1845C with a Simms cab and the Zero Start heater box. The compression fittings on the back started to leak, so I pulled it out and found the ferrules were wore into the tubes croaked and it couldn't be saved. I got a replacement and cut the new tubes to accept the 90 deg compression fittings. I didn't get new fittings, just new ferrels. I soon found that the fittings wouldn't seal. I got 1 new fitting, as parts stores around me don't stock 5/8" compression 90ies. The replacement core had one of the tubes twist and crack where it attaches to the core. I broke down and bought a 2nd new core. Are there any option for 90 deg fittings that push on?

Replies3
  1. #1Tinkerer2022-01-22 22:20

    Would a molded heater hose 90° elbow do what you want ?

  2. #2Jbullfrog2022-01-22 22:47

    Where do you get those?

  3. #3Tinkerer2022-01-23 08:33

    I obtained that image of a silicone elbow on EBay. I simply did a Google search for 5/8 inch molded heater hose 90 elbow. Here is a LINK. Most auto parts store have them available in different lengths.