Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Replacing Hydraulic hoses on Case 580 B backhoe

tom2000 ยท 2026-08-01 13:10

If I drain the torque converter am I also draining the Hydraulic tank in the frame? Or is there a separate drain for the hydraulics somewhere? Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1stinky642026-08-01 17:32

    Title says replacing hoses, why would you drain converter to replace hoses? Perhaps a little more info would help get legit answers to your questions.

  2. #2Welder Dave2026-08-01 21:01

    I would think the hydraulics are a separate system and nothing to do with the torque converter. Maybe a Case expert could tell for sure. You normally don't have to drain the hydraulic tank to change hoses unless it's the suction hose or a hose that would allow the tank to drain. If you just need to change hoses, which ones?

  3. #3willie592026-08-01 21:13

    IIRC, the Case 580B had all of the oil for transmission, torque convertor as well as hydraulic system inside the torque tube, which is the transmission. They didn't have a separate hydraulic reservoir. But as previously stated, how does this relate to replacing a hose???

  4. #4Tinkerer2026-08-02 07:31

    From the service manual.