I am trying to replace the bushings on the end of the liftarms, where the bobtech mounts to them. Do the ends of the liftarms have to be bored out to put the new ones in ? I am believe from the factory that the ends are one solid peice without bushings. If they have to be machined out what can I use to do it? Thanks for your help.
Not sure I understand you. "Pin Bushings" are in the Bobtach coupler. The end of the lift arm where Bobtach coupler attaches is a tapered hole to accept the tapered pin that goes into the Bobtach. Please clarify what your problem is. Pics help as well.
Im talking about the ends of the lift arm, where the tapered hole is. The tapered hole is wore out. I have new bushings to install there that are 2" dia. with the tapered hole in the center. Does the arm have to be bored to install these?
I had a feeling that's what you were talking about. I haven't had a tapered pin boss in the loader arms of a Bobcat worn so bad that they required replacement, so I'm a little short on the proper remedy here. I don't want to take a wild stab at this one, I'll take a look at a Bobcat arm at work tomorrow and see what I think. Maybe, before then, someone will jump in here and advise what you need to do. Bobcat owners need to watch this pin connection on their machines. You don't want to wear things so bad that you have to replace pin bosses.