Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Resealing hydraulic cylinders on 319D CTL

suladas ยท 2020-06-26 13:47

Resealing the boom hydraulic cylinders on my Deere 319D CTL, got it disassembled and trying to make sure I got it all right. Dealer gave me some duplicate kits. I attached a picture of what I got tore apart. The part numbers they gave me are KV15886 AH164325 AHC15631 AH161589 I cannot find any place where the KV15886 would go? AH161589 appears to be a duplicate of AH164325 and AHC15631? AH164325 and AHC15631 come with everything to replace the seals I pulled out. I am resealing them as they leaked both ways. One nut came off really easily, guessing maybe 20ft/lbs on it, the other came off by hand. Because of that is there anything else I need to check? Everything looks in good shape, machine only has 2300 hours by they've been leaking since I bought it at 2000 hours. What color loc tite should I be putting on the threads, and what should I torque them too?

Replies3
  1. #1suladas2020-06-26 14:35

    Got them back together but had one question, there is a yellow and orange spacer as well as a thicker and smaller oring. I put back the same as was on there, is that right? Or should they be tighter? Attached a picture of it back together.

  2. #2Ct Farmer2020-06-26 23:41

    The orange ring is the backup to the oring to keep the oring from being extruded into the gap between the gland or poison and the tube. It does not have to be tight and fill the groove completely, just needs to backup the oring.

  3. #3suladas2020-06-27 16:07

    Perfect thanks. Got it back together and on the machine and no more drifting.