whats are the advantages of useing a skid steer backhoe attachment
it beats shovelling?
Had a job where the contractor used a Bobcat skid steer backhoe to start a ditching project. He gave up on it and got a NH 555 backhoe. The skid steer stayed on the job moving spoil dug by the 555
Just sold an excavator and was thinking about getting one for the skidsteer. Obviously it won't be the same as an excavator, but like what was said above, it beats shoveling. Should be beneficial for rocks, stumps, small holes and stuff.
Compared to what? For tight area's they are OK but depending on the configuration can be a pain to reposition. If you set up so you could drive the skid steer without having to physically move from your backhoe position would save a lot of frustration.
I've had one for about 8 years, with 12, 18, & 24" buckets. Bought it with a group of tools and didn't think I'd use it much, but it has come in very useful. I did remove the coupler as it took too much space. Keep in mind I also have a full size BHL. It comes in very handy when in tight areas especially next to buildings since it has a side shift carriage. It allows you to dig parallel to structures and footings. Its also easy to take with on the trailer and hitches just as any hydro tool. As far as repositioning, I have the CAT version that operates from inside the cab so it is very simple to move. Visibility isn't bad as long as you jack the seat up and slide all the way to the front. Deeper than about 4' you will need a spotter if you are working straight down around utilities. Some day I'll need to upgrade to a wider carriage as CTLs are a bit wider. Only improvement would be if they figured how to operate it from the existing joysticks. It's not a mini-ex, but it's close.
I have a bobcat 911 that I used until I bought a excavator, very handy and I would just reach into the cab from the hoe seat and move it unless on very ify ground.