Storage building collapsed in high winds a couple of months ago and the owner's grandfather was the fire chief when this truck was new, (1954). I picked it up to take it to a new storage facility. The "Federal Signal" siren and red lamp housing were damaged in the collapse, but are repairable if new/old parts cannot be sourced. The truck otherwise is complete:
They are to start disassembly later this month and I will depaint the truck for further prep and a total rebuild. It runs and still functions as it is but the original color was red and much of the hardware needs refurbished. There is a lot of aluminum, and brass in the connections and even the original steel tank would hold water. I'm told it will still pump but hasn't in years. No rust but one small dent in the left fender is the only damage besides the windshield, and siren. All are easily repaired, or replaced.