I’ve been using the Rev-X oil additive in the motor in my Hitachi EX200-5 and have been pretty happy with the results so far and I noticed on their website that they say you can use it in your hydraulic system. Has anyone tried it in their hydraulic system and does anyone recommend using it ? https://www.revxoil.com/REV-X_Applications_Hydraulic.aspx
Rev X is really popular with the Ford Powerstroke guys. The older Powerstrokes used the HEUI injection system which pressurized the Fuel with hydraulic force. The engine oil was also the hydraulic oil. Guys swear that adding Rev X to the oil, contributes to faster cold starts and better engine performance. That’s all I know about it.
Their website could be a lot better by telling how it does what they claim. Having some before and after tests, etc. might be a better way to promote it. Making claims is one thing, having actual physical evidence to back up those claims is another.
like any other snake oil salesman they dont want to give you the details..does it make a difference..probably , but since they give no data it may be like 1% better, not enough to make it worth the price of the product..so if you were getting 500,000 miles on a motor this will get you 505000 miles...and you spent how many hundreds on the product for maybe an end gain of 5000 miles( all made up numbers just to give an example)..
On another forum a tech stated that modern oils have a very complex formula and adding "miracle" additives could have bad results.
do you remember marvel mystery oil?.. you use to be able to put in in everything...A while back I used it in the fuel of a small engine, I believe a subaru robin engine on a wood splitter and all it did was gum up the valves and ended up breaking a rocker arm from the valve stem ending up with a dark colored hard coating that bound it in the head...
I just put new injectors in my 6.0 powerstroke after 172,000 miles on the original ones. When they were acting up at 115,000 my Ford mechanic buddy told me to use Rev-X. He said it was good stuff but they were not allowed to use it at the dealer. I used it and my truck cleared right up and ran great another 30,000 before I used it once more. It cleared again and ran good until just before I changed them out. It has a cleansing agent that supposedly cleans the gunk out of the injector bore. Don't know how it may work on hydraulics. May help on sticky spools?
https://www.revxoil.com/images/productliterature/103.pdf Doesn't look too special. I don't know much about anything but I'm a skeptic about most oil/fuel additives.