Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Reverse alarm volume on JD 310C and breaks

Janos ยท 2022-06-24 07:28

I just got a John Deere 310C and I want to change the reverse alarm sound volume. Is it located under the "dashboard"? Screws are rusted in and I don't want to cut the screws for nothing Thanks. Also the breaks are very hard. Is that normal? Can it be boosted? Or jut needs (major) repair?

Replies6
  1. #1NH575E2022-06-24 09:02

    I don't know anything about that model but the first thing I did to my backhoe was unplug the reverse beeper. I figured the neighbors would get tired of that about as quick as I did. I guess that isn't an option if you plan to use it off your property.

  2. #2Janos2022-06-24 11:22

    My tractor will never leave the property, and no one around ever when I'm working with it. Your tractor looks almost identical. Where was the beeper in your Case

  3. #3NH575E2022-06-24 18:33

    Mine is a New Holland. The beeper is under the rear of the cab. I had to remove a panel to find the plug. Lock it down with the stabilizers and parking brake. Put it in reverse at idle and you should be able to track it down.

  4. #4Tinkerer2022-06-24 20:04

    Locate the fuse and pull it.

  5. #5NH575E2022-06-24 22:37

    DOH! Or just find the fuse and pull it. Lol K.I.S.S.

  6. #6NH575E2022-06-25 00:44

    I downloaded the Operator Manual from Deere and looks like the fuse also has the neutral switch on it. The manual does have the instructions to lower the volume but doesn't tell you exactly where it is located other than the horn faces the rear. I assume it's under the rear of the cab. You might be able to remove and tape up the wires without affecting anything else? NOTE: The OM from Deere is a PDF from images. If you have a full version of Adobe Acrobat you can run the OCR conversion to make the text searchable. It can be downloaded for free. https://www.johndeeretechinfo.com/search?p0=model&p0_v=310C&pattr=p0