Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Reverser overfull with oil

jessemac · 2020-07-13 00:27

I have a 1995 John Deere 310D that started spewing oil out of the reverser vent tube every time I set the parking brake. Pulled reverser dipstick and is severely overfilled even tho I haven’t ever had to add any oil to it. Upon further investigation my transaxle oil level keeps dropping and I’m continually having to add oil to it. Seems like the oil is transferring from the transaxle to the reverser. I’ve read about similar problems like this but have never seen an answer. Has anyone ever had this issue with their machine?

Replies2
  1. #1mg23612020-07-13 05:50

    Welcome to HEF jessemac ! First a serial number. Check your reverser's breather if this is something that just started happening. The overfull reverser might be from the oil foaming giving the appearance of being overfull. As far as oil transfer, there is no connection between the reverser and the transaxle.

  2. #2jessemac2020-07-13 09:58

    I’ll check the breather when I get home thanks for the quick reply