I'm looking for the original rexroth part number for the drives on a CT332. The dealers have not been able to provide it. I'm not sure it will help me but I am looking to figure out motor displacement and drive ratios so I can cross to other models. Thanx
The dealers won’t provide that. I have had good luck with using the Case part number and Rexroth crossing it over to their pump numbers.
Yeah, I've begun to think that JD doesn't even know the rexroth part number... I'm finding that New Holland and Hitachi used drive motors that seem kinda close
I got someone at rexroth to talk to me. They said that they can't provide info because of legal reasons, something to do with JD engineers helping with the design. Proprietary BS...
Dealers don't want you shopping around for a better price. Owners manual/spec. sheet might give the displacement of the motors. I found a replacement wheel motor for my skid steer from Loader Parts Source. Even with ordering from the US and shipping to Canada saved about $900 over going through the dealer.
Sorry it's not BS. Any OEM who has an outside supplier (Rexroth in this case) manufacture a component for them has intellectual property rights on the component. It's standard business practice. An example - there are lots of Timken bearings made specially for Cat. A Timken dealer will not sell them, not because they don't want to but because they're not allowed to by the terms of the manufacturing deal between the two companies. That doesn't mean there is no other alternative to OEM parts, there are generally (but not always) alternatives you just have to find them.