Does anyone know how do remove this gooseneck? Spent a little time got tired and moved on. It's mated to a single winch truck. Bad picture was late last night. There is a pin at the front where it separates. Thanks!
Couple more pictures
@cfherrman I'm thinkin thats not the neck that trailer came with. Looks like some field engineer/welder redesigned the way it attaches.. I think I'd set the trailer on the ground, get ahold of it with a forklift or crane, pull those pins, move the neck forward a bit then lift to see how it all hooks together.
Looking at it and thinking about 20 years back….. Let the trailer down, let the neck relax, pull shims out of the back, winch neck up so front blocks are loose, remove them, winch neck back up into 5th wheel, block under neck, back up, air up (assuming air ride), hooks near front of neck should clear horizontal pins and you can pull away. If no air ride those older trailers had some rigging in the neck where you could use the winch to lift neck after you backed up enough for hooks to clear pins. It’s a chore. Done frequently you’d get fairly proficient. It’s been a few years since I messed with those and the old folding necks operated via a winch.
Sweet I'll be trying that this week some time thank you
Messed with it a bit, realized the hooking mechanism will be too high in the center to load trucks which makes the rgn part of this trailer useless for us, but the trailer is still very handy without it. Got pretty close to unhooking it, I'm not sure if I was following junkyards advice correctly but here's what I did. Looks like they raised up the gooseneck with blocks on the front and back. Set trailer on the ground and pulled tension into neck. Rear blocks/shims are welded. Front blocks can be removed. It looked like if the front could be lowered enough you could push the gooseneck back and off the hooks. Trailer kept sliding and then we realized how tall the center would be.