Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ripper tyne type

greeniron ยท 2009-07-03 18:40

has anyone had anything to do with this type of ripper tyne before this one is probably to suit a euclid C6 but its the hole down at the bottom is what got my attention . is it so you can bolt in wings at different angles ????

Replies3
  1. #1dozerdave2009-07-03 19:17

    Yes, it was a V shaped wing for lifting the soil or rock.

  2. #2greeniron2009-07-04 06:18

    DD , would you jhave any pics of the wings or do you remember how big they were

  3. #3dozerdave2009-07-04 20:02

    Hi greeniron, The wings were on an Ateco ripper with curved shanks, the dozed was a new 14A with a Bee Gee hyd. pump as I remember. The wings were about 1 foot wide. My dozer on the same job was a 15A with the first hyd. tilt dozer that I ever ran. Before the hyd. tilt we tried an electric tilt that I think was made by Peterson Tractor. About 2 tilts and you had a dead battery. Peterson also sent a converted 15A that had a turbo on it and the first dozer I ever saw without a clutch. It had the same transmission controls as the 46A Cats.