Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Roosa Master DB2 flex ring source – odd size?

Hybridiia ยท 2017-12-03 18:26

I have an '82 Case 480D in which I am trying to install a seal kit in the injection pump. The pump tag shows it to be a Roosa Master DB2-3953. I found an ebay vendor that sold Roosa/Stanadyne kits and gave him my tag info and he sent me a Stanadyne kit # 33814 telling me that was the correct one. Today I took the pump apart but am finding the flex ring in the kit is too small. My pump measures 2.63" OD and 1.82" ID, but the ring is 2.38" OD and 1.63" ID. Does anyone know what the correct flex ring part number is that I need and where I could source it? Thanks.

Replies3
  1. #1thepumpguysc2017-12-04 06:14

    There is ONLY 1 size FL.R.. You put a pair of small snap ring pliers in the holes, spread the hole & work the ring onto the rivet/stud.. one at a time.

  2. #2Hybridiia2017-12-04 17:58

    Thanks pumpguy! I warmed it with a hairdryer and used the snap ring pliers and it was pretty easy to install. I never would have thought it could be stretched that much and was sure I had the wrong part.

  3. #3thepumpguysc2017-12-04 18:38

    LOL.. glad ya gotter..