Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

rotating loading shovel

trombeur · 2016-11-29 11:12

you news about old machines historical prototypes of models: 360 ° rotating loading shovel tellus 125c, multi benati work 140, simit sl 9, y-35 crawler Yumbos or other similar historical models thanks

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies7
  1. #1old-iron-habit2016-11-30 21:20

    Interesting machine. Its amazing how many variations of every machine has been made in this world.

  2. #2trombeur2016-12-01 01:47

    you are old prototypes intersections between the front loader and excavator, do you know some macallan ancestors( hydromac/ simit)

  3. #3shovelman2016-12-10 19:16

    This is an interesting post and covers different types of excavators, so let's take them one at a time? First let's discuss the most interesting design? In my opinion they are the machines like the Hydromac in your second post in this thread. It is basically a crawler dozer/loader undercarriage with a rotating upperstructure resembling a loader, but with articulated arms so it can sit in one spot to dig and load. It is in the same group as the Benati Multi Works 140 (there was also a later Multi Works 180), Tellus 125C and Bucyrus-Erie 60-S (which has a different style of undercarriage). Here's a short video of it in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg2bmYRVel0 There are also machines like the Colmas 170H which are just a crawler loaders (no articulated loader arms) with a turntable giving them the ability to rotate. There was also a red and white machine like this I have seen photos of, but I can't remember if it was from CMC or Yutani. Somewhere I have a photo, but no time to look for it right now. Machines like Yumbo 35 and Simit SL9 are conventional hydraulic excavators in my opinion. The articulated Mecalacs are their own breed. For what it's worth; I'm searching for original brochures and catalogs on the Benati, Hydromac and Tellus machines for my files. Can you help me with this search?

  4. #4trombeur2016-12-11 11:37

    benati : ben multi- works 140 thank you for your testimony, if some other user had more info I invite him to participate with, around I saw a lot of interesting prototypes loaders technically innovative and experimental point of view. thanks again HeavyEquipmentForums

  5. #5shovelman2016-12-11 18:51

    I'm sure you have seen some interesting prototypes. There was a lot of innovative thinking and engineering in Europe in the '60s and '70s, and it is my personal opinion that more prototypes made it into the iron than here in America. Here is a photo of the Benati Multi Works 180 I mentioned.

  6. #6Welder Dave2016-12-12 01:10

    Bucyrus Erie made a prototype 5 yd. loading shovel that rotated but never put it into production. It had tracks more like on a tank.

  7. #7trombeur2016-12-12 04:52

    http://www.forum-macchine.it/attachment.php?attachmentid=21070&d=1161423381 http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMTM2/z/vI8AAOSwnH1WbGca/$_1.JPG http://www.album-mmt.it/foto/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=10764&g2_serialNumber=2 I believe that these machines have been conceptual prototypes, a cross between the front loader and excavator crawler around is not found it will hidromac simit, it brunerifiat alllis or other older historic brands, you have other information to you? thanks for collaboration