Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

s185 bobcat hydraulic question

zlssefi ยท 2013-12-21 07:53

I have a 2003 bobcat s185. standard flow. im in the process of setting up a schulte snowblower to run on the front of it. I keep having a problem where it pushes the seal out of the hyd motor. after doing some research i cant find a hydraulic motor that is rated up to the 3000 psi of pressure that the 185 puts out. Does anyone know if a 2000 psi motor is sufficient to handle the psi of the machine?

Replies2
  1. #1willie592013-12-21 11:10

    I'm not familiar with snow blowers and how their hydraulics are set up, but are we talking about the auger motor, the fan motor, or both? Do one or both motors require a case drain line? Is there any pressure relief or crossover relief valves for motor(s)?

  2. #2zlssefi2013-12-21 13:02

    This snowblower is pretty basic. there is just one motor that runs the auger and blower fan. it just has two hoses, no case drain, and there is a crossover relief inline with the hydraulic lines.