I have a 2007 bobcat s250. 3700 hrs. i just picked up. And recently started locking up while driving. Sometimes the traction lock light turns off and sometimes it stays lit. Wondering where to start.
charge pressure and case drain filters. Also make sure hydo tank is full and you may want to change main and charge hydo filters (cut open and inspect for junk). If lift and tilt stop working at the same time you could have electrical issue. Look thing over and tell us what you find, good luck.
So I drained resivor and followed how to drain chain case but that ends up being the fuel tank. So do have to lift cab and pull off cover on top and suck it out? I also found wire harness rubbed through by battery. Ill get that fixed also. Thanks
Hi Josh, I think an important thing to do, which is what many on here first suggested to me, is to check what codes the machine is throwing out when you experience the lock out. Now, I assume the lockout your experience is the abrupt locking of the parking brake, bringing the machine to a halt. In most cases, this would probably then be an electrical issue. So, when that occurs, press and hold down the button for the operating lights (also button for CODES), and see what the machine tells you. You have to do this while the issue is occurring; if you shut it down to make it go away, the codes will also go away. If it's an abrupt brake locking, you should also be getting intermittent lights flashing or lights going out on your left hand control panel. When it locks, for instance, the light for traction may begin to flash. Or you may notice the light for the seat bar go out. This is something you have to observe. Your brake lock solenoid could be bad simply, or it could be the frayed wire you mention. The traction lock solenoid (and many other components on the machine) can be sensitive to bad grounds, for instance, loose and/or dirty battery connections. Also, faulty seat bar switches can lock out the machine, by telling the computer you're not seated and locking the brakes. Or as in my case, the computer can be bad, sending wrong voltage to sensors (such as seat bar), and then locking out the machine. Regarding the chain case drain, that should be behind the steel cover at the bottom of the machine. I think there is a rubber plug or something to that effect. I've read that that plug should be replaced when removed, because it may not re-seat right. I'm not sure if your model is the same, though. Anyway, when I drained my chain case oil, I chose to remove the steel plate under your feet (after removing the parking brake pedal switch), and then pump out the fluid. I also washed the area out with diesel, etc. This way, I was able to clean it thoroughly, inspect the chain and sprockets, and reseal the steel cover with silicone, instead of that foam gasket, when tends to let in water. But, if you're getting intermittent and abrupt locking out, you should probably look into the electrical aspects first. So, check for codes and observe what lights are flashing or go out on your control panel. When you have that information, I'm sure someone on here will be able to help you narrow it down. Joe
Hey Josh, Re-read the post from 63 caveman, he is not telling you to drain your chain case, he is saying to check "case drain filter". Here is a link that generally explains what they are, I have no idea if/and/or where they are on your machine. http://info.texasfinaldrive.com/shop-talk-blog/just-the-facts-about-case-drain-filters
So on my skidsteer there is no drain plug. So i took the cover off by my feet and pumped it out then cleaned it. I found 2 wires rubbed through in wire harness next to the battery. Fixed that and seems to be running good now. Thanks for all the help
I had this happen on an older s250. I believe it was a bad solenoid that was the prob.