Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

safety issue- door for skid steer

tractortom ยท 2014-02-23 16:23

I have a Komatsu 2010-5 turbo skid steer, wire cage on sides for cab, glass at back and nothing in front. Does anyone have any ideas for where I could look to find a used door or where to get one fabricated? I am in southern Tn, close to Muscle shoals alabama and Lawrenceburg tn. Any help will be appreciated. This little machine gets into places where the 410B cant

Replies6
  1. #1tomyknee2014-02-25 10:51

    I am looking for the exact same thing. We just got some metal to fabricate it but I want to see if I can find a used one. I keep you posted

  2. #2Deere500a2014-02-25 12:58

    Looking at eBay there is a factory enclosed set for $1380. Good luck

  3. #3JNB2014-02-25 17:14

    Not sure if he's a member over here, but one of the guys on lawn site has quite a few photos and info on how he's done his on different machines.

  4. #4ejb172014-02-25 19:20

    Komatsu enclosure. I ordered a front door from Thermfast Industries and should have it any day. I got the heavier door due to doing stump grinding and brush hogging. Can let you know as soon as I get the setup. It opens outward unlike the OE which rolls up over yyour head. I am also mounting a NH style door switch on it to cut off the hydraulics and such. My sk820-5N has the same cab and I am anal so I will give a good write up.:bash

  5. #5tractortom2014-02-26 20:00

    thanks- I will loook at ebay tonight

  6. #6tractortom2014-02-26 20:03

    I will look at the lawn site tonight and see what he has done