Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Samsung se450lc-2

stoepgravel · 2023-07-22 11:53

I'm looking at getting a Samsung se 450 for work in a gravel pit moving overburden, feeding screeners, and digging out of the water. What should I look out for? Is it a decent machine? Is this really just a volvo? How does it compare to a cat 345?

Replies4
  1. #1uffex2023-07-22 13:56

    Good day Pre Volvo 460 with Cummins motor, most parts can be sourced from Volvo. I suggest you make a good inspection before you part with the money. Attached may be of help Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Lagwagon2023-07-22 20:49

    -2 or -3 model?

  3. #3stoepgravel2023-07-22 23:32

    -2

  4. #4Lagwagon2023-07-23 09:02

    Oh it was In Your thread title, my apologies. I can’t speak for the 450 but I have 2 x 210-2 machines and I like them for my work which is agricultural and forestry. They are not a Volvo and we’re exclusively made by Samsung. I like the simplicity of the design with electrics and hydraulics easy to navigate when repairing, they also only have 1 x ecu. The 210‘s are very well balanced, powerful and fast but uncomfortable and not smooth at all, in fact I never use H-mode because they become too jerky and I really don’t need any more power than S-mode. For their size they feel big and bulky compared to other brands I’ve used, maybe this is why they are so well balanced with more steel in the body and counterweight, I’m not sure. Be aware that their workshop manuals are of poor quality, lacking detail. You should be able to find one on the internet at a place like eBay. If you do buy it be careful with the front windscreen, the retracting mechanism and latches are weak and you could wear the whole thing on your head, I dont risk it and keep it down all the time. it’s just a bad design but the curvature of it gives good visibility from the operators seat. PM me if you buy it and I’ll give you contacts for parts suppliers.