Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TB153FR 4TNV88-BPTBZ Electrical wiring diagram and no Dash/cluster lights

Varnish ยท 2023-07-22 09:42

TB153FR Yanmar 4TNV88-BPTBZ No dash lights. Engine turns over and will run if I hot wire the stop solenoid to the coil Trying to fault find but would like an electrical wiring diagram for this machine. Very much appreciated if there is anyone who can help

Replies16
  1. #1uffex2023-07-22 14:09

    Good day & welcome Attached is what I have hope it helps. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Varnish2023-07-22 14:34

    Thankyou Uffex I will have another look now that I can narrow my search rather that just "pulling and pushing". I will come back with my results in due course. Unless that is, someone else has had this fault and can quickly point me in the right direction

  3. #3Varnish2023-07-23 11:54

    After I switch on I have power to the pull coil in the stop solenoid for about 2 secs but no power to the hold solenoid. No cluster lights but the fuel gauge does work. Engine turns over but no fuel. I can get the engine to run by putting direct 12volt supply to the pull solenoid and then transfer power to the hold solenoid which allows the engine to run. Had good look all over for loose or poorly fitted plugs. After fishing around in the loom next to all the hydraulic solenoids front right, accessed when the cab is tilted and a couple of covers removed, the wretched thing has decided to work. Lights to the cluster and start and stop without my direct power supply to the stop solenoid Totally unsatisfactory but it works (for now)

  4. #4uffex2023-07-23 12:44

    Good day It appears that your pull function is as it should be it is the hold voltage that is not coming to the party. As soon as I have a moment I will check it out and come back with a suggestion. Kind regards Uffex

  5. #5uffex2023-07-23 13:44

    Good day I have checked out the hold function, there is a relay & timer involved. The White cable is the one we need 12 volts to hold see the information I got from Yanmar. Be sure the alternator is as it should be. Kind regards Uffex

  6. #6Varnish2023-07-23 17:27

    Good evening Uffex, thankyou for your advice. It will be a few days before I can get back to the machine. I will check the alternator and connections. it is stange that the problem is associated with the cluster lights. When ever I have lights on the dash, I know it will start and run Ill keep you advised. thanks again

  7. #7uffex2023-07-24 04:05

    Good day Error on my part it is the red cable that does the hold function, dont overlook you need a good ground on the black cable. Kind regards Uffex

  8. #8Varnish2023-07-24 08:28

    Thanks your update. I have checked the earths. Auto electrics are so problematic. What do you think the cause of lack of Dashboard/cluster lights is? Kind regards V

  9. #9uffex2023-07-24 08:35

    Good day I need to take a closer look give me some time I will come back to you. Kind regards Uffex

  10. #10uffex2023-07-24 12:24

    Good day Can you cnfirm the machine has a imobilizer? KR Uffex

  11. #11Varnish2023-07-24 16:20

    Gd evnin Not that I am aware. I have not needed to deactivate anything to start the machine in the past so no no immobiliser atb Tony

  12. #12uffex2023-07-25 06:32

    Good day Tony I have looked at the issue, while the display is not directly connected to the stop of the engine I suspect there is a connection. See attched check it out and come back. Kind regards Uffex

  13. #13Varnish2023-07-25 16:04

    Good evening Uffex, Thanks again. Re the T153 Start issue note I have checked the 45 Amps fuse and it is good. I have also checked all the other fuses and tried each time to make sure that they were actually powering something. The ACC relay does click whn i turn the key to on The fuel gauge works when I turn he key on There is power to the Water temp as well After switch to on, all cluster/dash lights come on for a while, then they all go off. Even with them all off the engine still starts when you then move the key to engage the starter motor. key left for glow plugs as you hold it. Glow plug lights stay on as long as key is held Regarding the ECU, I thought that I would find this in the same box as the dash light cluster but when I opened up that box I only found the light cluster and the two gauges I couldnt see any ECU and have not yet found an ECU anywhere. I'm clearly being a bit thick here

  14. #14uffex2023-07-25 16:12

    Good day Tony Not to worry, I will make some more information to help out, the hold function runs from the ECU. This appears to be the source of the problem, we need to check this is getting power as it should. Was there any history to the machine that may have some clues? Kind regards Uffex

  15. #15uffex2023-07-26 05:09

    Good day We have two possible scenarios 1/ the ECU has failed 2/ The ECU has no power see attached. Kind regards Uffex

  16. #16Milosr2025-02-06 12:07

    Hello, can I ask you a few questins, I have similar problem on my TB80FR. Dont have any warning lights on cluster, water and fuel are working? Anyone can help me?