I am looking at a few small Samsung loaders but am worried about parts availability. I have read Volo aquired Samsung, do they carry Samsung parts? Does anyone have a Samsung, what are you opinions. Is a JD 544 similar to a 120 size Samsung? Thanks and sorry for all the questions.
You are correct in that Volvo aquired Samsung and with the exc it is pretty easy to get parts. Bear in mind I am in UK ) I suggest you get a serial number of any machine you are considering and then contact your dealer and ask 1) is this a good number, which will confirm if it is indeed on their database and 2) using this number can I source parts through you. eg filters, track rod ends, radiator, use a few odd possible future requirments as test pieces.
Thank you very much
Samsung loader I'm working on a Samsung SL150-2 loader for a customer.I bought the shop and parts manuals from the local Volvo dealer with no problems.I like the fact that they are using The Cummins 5.9L engine.The tranny is a ZF,but it has issues.
good!
What do you mean it has issues? Are you saying all parts are available at the Volvo dealer? Thanks
I had a SL180-2 and it was great. We put 5000 hrs with out a problem . All parts are Common with other equipment Cummins Zf etc. Wish I still had it.
Our dealership stocks some basic parts, but when any of my techs have to do major work(which is not that often on them) we usually can have them next day, as long as the customer doesn't mind the freight charges $$$$$$
what kinds of issues does the trans have
the trans would not up shift,found the trans speed sensor wire broken at the terminal in the cannon plug at the sensor on the trans. repaired wire and worked fine,however engine overheated at a later date and had water in the oil. machine was then sold at an auction. I still have the shop and parts manuals that I paid $150 for and would likely sell. local dealer here went out of business after the housing bust.
We have an SL120-2 (2.75yd.) that got a bucket linebore, new pins, and bushings. ($2600) two seasons ago. Has a sticking relief valve as chunks of the pump have been blown out on two separate occasions. At $850 each and no way to replace the valve itself as they are machined by Husco for the individual bores, this machine looks as if it is going to be sold soon. But any Volvo dealer will be able to order parts for you.
Samsung SL120-2 Manuals Alan Looking for the manuals you said you had for sale on the SL120-2. I realize this post is 2 years old - but worth a shot Paul six30-546-447eight
Does anyone have the manuals ? I have a ST120-2 Same as SL120 but with two bucket cylinders, Does anyone know what the fault codes mean on the display under the seat ?
I found an old folder of a Samsung training course. Mainly SL 150, 180, 250.
I ended up buying the manuals from Volvo. Printed and drop shipped from Korea. My machine runs and operates good but has a worn spline on the short drive shaft between engine and trans.
Chris - late to the thread. I just joined the forum. I have a 97 sl120 that i rented then bought in 98. Basically new. Great machine until a couple years ago. Has about 7500 hours on it. Back in action now. The computer under the seat is an APC 50 i believe. Shows direction and gear. We had shifting problems right after I put new rubber on it. So I stared at it for many months then called a guy from Jersey to make me a shifter to bypass the harness. Basically had a ZF shifter and a Clark transmission. They stopped communicating. I still have the components which tested good but the wiring was pretty complicated and too lightweight to splice or fix. I plowed with it all winter and it seems to be fine. Gauges aren’t right though. I have to figure out the trans temp gauge and the warning light. Fix that shaft ASAP and maybe keep a spare. When it fails, you are dead in the water. That’s definitely something we’ve addressed several times. Keep it greased and have a beefy one made up. Not some puny shaft between a couple u-joints. I used the heck out of the unit and don’t usually keep old stuff. However it was so reliable for so long I couldn’t justify selling it. We use a bunch of loaders in our supply yard also.
we need the same driveshaft , did you find one ? and where if you did
I have not purchased it yet but I think this company has or can make what I need . Fort Wayne Driveshaft https://fortwayneclutch.com/clutch-driveline-parts-shop/?pa_make=samsung
Chris , I spoke to Fortwayne Clutch today , they can make it . I have a 1999 SL 120 -2 and I need a driveshaft also. part number 2034-01160 Im looking for a used driveshaft to send to fortwayne clutch so they can build one with the same specs. , does anyone have a wore out one ? I will return it .
folks at Fort Wayne are waiting for components from a supplier , they havent built one yet , but are optimistic they can if they can get the components . I will update as this progresses
Please let me know. I plan to pull mine out in a few weeks. Did you send yours to them already ? Is it the same as the SL150 that they show on their website ?
I sent them the diagram of the driveshaft out of a parts book . It has all the measurements and details , they said that was what they needed . I was told the components needed were on the way to their shop , I hope hear to from them soon . A 150 driveshaft is not the same as a driveshaft for a 120-2 . I think there will be some demand for them ,
Your loader looks exactly are ours .
driveshaft is built and it looks exactly like our old one , it is being shipped now , i will post when we get it put on
we received our new driveshaft from Fort Wayne Clutch for our 120-2 samsung payloader . very high quailty , it fit exactly as it should and our problems are over . Part number 2034-01160 . This company specializes in building parts that are extremely difficult to make . Price was reasonable too . call me if you have questions , 308-627-7762 art
Did you get the driveshaft made yet ? What is the turn around time ? I need to pull mine out still but I am still using the machine for a few more weeks but need to have have it back in time for snow removal
Does no one have driveshaft shops local. I'm in Chicagoland and I have access to at least a dozen shops that will build and balance from 3/4 " square pto shafts up to 6" shaft. As long as your end yokes are good, I would give them a chance. You might save a thousand or two. Speaking directly to Chris Hyde, try Denny's driveshaft. They make racing shafts and all sorts of exotic stuff. They might be helpful.
Hello, I do have a 1999 Samsung SL120-2 with the transmission not shifting, I would like to have the information on this technician from Jersey to bypass the harness as well. Thank you!
I have a Samsung SL120-2 i bought a couple of years ago. I didnt thing getting parts would be an issue i was so wrong. Local dealer has very little access to parts they say as i need a speed sensor because mine is broken where it mounts to tranmission. dealer is no help with that, I would like to know where i can get this part? Part #8320-14070 I think.
Getting tough to get parts. Volvo really didn’t stick with them. We try our original dealer and hope they have some left over contacts. Sometimes the Volvo Dealer can check. What part is that?
Sorry, I didn't see the speed sensor part in your thread on my phone. Go directly to the Clark Transmission dealer in your area. They will be way more helpful.
Not sure who that is but i will look into it. Thanks for the reply
Just purchased a 96 SL180 anyone know where I can get a service manual and parts manual?
Hi member Wiatowski, I got a brochure of the Samsung training course from, guess, 1990's. with lots of descriptions, drawings etc. approx. 380 pages. If you are interested in, let me know.
Ya I'd be interested in that.
Hi, please share your email address in a conversation. I need to send via WeTransfer or so as files are pretty big.
Are these still available? if so, may i get a copy of these? Just bought a sl120 and have no manuals, etc. Thank you.!
Hi Legonch, still available. Please be aware the training course is for SL150/180/250. However steering, brakes, cabine etc. might be similar. Transmission was Clark? Definitely not ZF. Please share email address, here or in a conversation. Need to share via wetransfer or so as pretty big.
message sent
Hey thank you for sending those!! I really appreciate that!!!
Can anyone give advice on finding bucket pins for a SL180-2 dealer says discontinued?