Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sany

Kenskip1 · 2021-12-01 00:32

Hello. Yes it has been a while since my last post. However, I have seen first hand a Sany mini excavator. The welds were first rate, it had a Yanmar engine in it. I believe the model was a 16 or something close to it. Has anyone had any dealings with this brand? Is this a clone from China? Thanks, Ken

Replies157
  1. #1crane operator2021-12-01 18:36

    Sany are chinese. We just got a "dealer" here in town, its actually a guy that came to town and parked 6-7 of them in a lot- various sizes. He's renting them out. I talked to one guy that rented one, and he said it looks a lot better than what it actually runs like. They were happy to send it back off rental, and weren't interested in buying it. I have no use for anything built by the chinese, and spend as little money with them as I possibly can. They've made it clear what they think about freedom and democracy, and I have no idea why we've outsourced all our manufacturing and pharmacutical production to a country that's declared its interest in our destruction.

  2. #2Vetech632021-12-01 19:00

    This is what I hear also.

  3. #3f311fr12021-12-05 13:28

    Local middle TN dealer told me that if I bought a new one from another dealer they would not service it. Scratch Sany

  4. #4f311fr12021-12-05 13:28

    Paid off my 308E2 and bough a new 313 CAT

  5. #5CapnDean2021-12-21 19:14

    Yall remember the car: Yugo? Thats about the quality youll find inthe SANY

  6. #6skyking12021-12-22 09:43

    I'd buy Korean gear but not the Chinese stuff.

  7. #7Kenskip12022-01-11 17:44

    I just stumbled across this thread.

  8. #8CM19952022-01-11 19:25

    You just "stumbled across this thread"? You started the thread...

  9. #9Kenskip12022-01-27 15:56

    So, take a look at this! I value all your opinions however there are many positive remarks regarding this brand.

  10. #10crane operator2022-01-27 17:43

    It's a video put on youtube by SANY. I guess if someone is going to put out positive press, you would hope sany would like their own machine. You asked what word on the street was, and real user impressions aren't good. If you want one, buy one. No one here is stopping you.

  11. #11Kenskip12022-01-27 18:08

    Sir, your harsh reply has me puzzled. Anyway my choice would be more than likely a John Deere or a Bobcat. Model is still yet to be determined. I do not care for this country of origin. BTW, this happens to be a clone of another company that I will not name. (caterpillar) Detroit Diesel, question. What is the firing order of a 6-71 right hand drive? What is the firing order of a 6-71 left hand drive? Are these engines available with 4 valves per cylinder? I grew up in New Jersey on the Atlantic coast and I am still missing there sound. One note, we had a 12-71 run away on us. Fortunately we were able to shut it down before serous damage was done. Limped back to the dock on one engine. Boy was my father pissed.

  12. #12CM19952022-01-27 19:27

    That's probably one of the worst solutions looking for a problem I've seen in a long time. Who wouldn't want their hammer to double as a manual thumb? If I were the Sany marketing team I would find a better operator for the next Frankenstein invention they come up with.

  13. #13Kenskip12022-01-29 21:47

    So, if Sany is such a bad machine how come they are selling? They have a Yanmar engine, they use the same hydraulic system as Yanmar. What is so bad? How can anyone match the 5 year 5000 hour warranty from front to back. There are many favorable reviews of these machines. Before someone makes a fuss I would like to know if they had any time operating one. The word on the street is not going to cut it in my world. People want to make a living. If they are able to save a few K in there purchase then so be it. Yes I am aware of the countries labor practices but there is not a lot that we are able to do about this. The bottom line is unless you have had any personal experience running one, why not give one a try before bad mouthing one.. One person can bad mouth something but unless he has a genuine complaint then this is irrelevant. If the machine has a flaw then lets hear about it. I would like to read facts. Not someone's word of mouth. The person doing the complaining could be a veteran operator, or some young kid knowing little or nothing about machinery.

  14. #14code542022-01-29 22:04

    Good luck reselling one - I will stick with Kubota, Deere, Cat, Etc...

  15. #15Orlando2022-01-30 00:50

    They are absolute junk and anyone buying one deserves the rubbish they get, they fall to pieces very, very quick and have absolutely no resale value... your a fool if you buy one just like anything chinese!

  16. #16Orlando2022-01-30 00:53

    And yes have had first hand experience with the junk, run for miles from these pieces of crap!

  17. #17CM19952022-01-30 01:05

    Kenship what is your affiliation with Sany?

  18. #18skyking12022-01-30 10:35

    Many people who object to them are mechanics, I am not one of them. I do understand emphatically that if you cannot get documentation to troubleshoot and repair a thing, you are SUNK! They sell because they are cheap and work when you buy them.

  19. #19John C.2022-01-30 14:12

    Don't know that I can comment on the brand so long as I don't know anyone who has purchased one yet. I do have some experience dealing with items purchased from China and dealing off and on with some Chinese business people. Cheating and lying to people in a lot of cases in China is seen as being clever. Take that any way you want. As for the machine, time will tell whether or not it will survive in this market.

  20. #20Kenskip12022-01-30 15:09

    I would like to thank all those that replied to my post. I will mention that I am not affiliated with Sany in any way. Your replies have been herd loud and clear. Thanks all, Ken

  21. #21Birken Vogt2022-01-30 15:14

    Some things that make or break machines - metallurgy. I could make a boom with a torch and a table but I am sure it would crack and fall apart in no time. Small parts - if you can't keep getting them year after year, something will happen to take the machine out and make it difficult or expensive to repair.

  22. #22Tones2022-01-30 17:01

    A mate purchased a Liugong excavator for his landclearing business. I asked him all the questions I've seen here and made the same remarks as you folk. His reason for buying it was simply business. At less than the price of a used Cat, Komatsu or Hitachi he had a new machine with a 5000 hour warranty and could get the same hourly rate as the big brand machines. Today the Chinese junk machine has over 30,000 hrs on the metre.

  23. #23Kenskip12022-01-30 18:02

    Tones, Thanks for the reply. It felt like I took a knife to a gun fight, Ken BTW, I sent Sany a letter to there corporation headquarters, and invited them to view this post. Lets see what happens. Should be interesting.....

  24. #24Birken Vogt2022-01-30 18:25

    Another question I would have about any startup - who are they? Who are the shareholders? What is their incentive for staying in the marketplace? What are their long term plans? With Cat, Deere, etc. this is all public knowledge as publicly traded companies. What is Sany's position?

  25. #25CM19952022-01-30 18:50

    Is Sany owned or affiliated with the Chinese government or the CCP?

  26. #26Tones2022-01-30 18:56

    And Caterpillar is dancing in and out of Chapter 11and has received heaps of Corporate Welfare including from the IMF.

  27. #27CM19952022-01-30 19:20

    Not getting into a political discussion just curious of the ownership. It's a Yes or No answer.

  28. #28Kenskip12022-01-30 20:06

    Really? How interesting. https://www.equipmentworld.com/busi...-deere-hitachi-to-end-joint-excavator-venture

  29. #29John C.2022-01-30 21:07

    Old news, when did Cat ever enter chapter 11.

  30. #30keif2022-01-30 21:09

    Apparently some Sanys are put together in Georgia. I've never seen one, besides on utube.

  31. #31Steve Frazier2022-01-30 21:09

    I'd like to know too The number of and nature of your posts indicates more than a casual interest

  32. #32Oldcatpusher2022-01-30 21:13

    A local rental company here just got sunwards in. They got 90's and 215's in brand new. Everyone of them had a problem first time out on rent. Glorified Chinese junk at is finest

  33. #33Oldcatpusher2022-01-30 21:15

    They're ugly too

  34. #34mowingman2022-01-30 21:27

    The Sunward distributor for the whole USA, as I understand, is located in Denton, Tx. It was about 5 miles from the house we just sold. They have, since last spring, a big lot full of Sunward equipment. A bunch of pier drills on track excavators, all sizes of track excavators, and a bunch of skidsteers, mostly tracked. I do not know what else might be sitting there. I have not seen much of it move in the last 8 or 10 months, so they are probably looking for dealers. Looks like a couple of ship loads of equipment. Never did stop in and talk to them, guess it might have been interesting. Texas seems to be a proving ground, so to speak, for new Chinese brands of machinery. This is the second company that has tried it here in the last couple of years. Shantui tried selling dozers here, I think I posted about that. They all disappeared last year, after they cut the brush that had grown up around them. Jeff

  35. #35mowingman2022-01-30 21:35

    If you go to Google Maps, and click on "2500 Geesling Rd. Denton, Texas", you can see where their yard is. Then click on the street view along Geesling road. You can see the new equipment lined up in rows there. The hwy 380 view does not show the lot loaded up with equipment yet.

  36. #36Kenskip12022-01-30 23:29

    Steve, Sometime in the near future I have intent to make a purchase if my cardiologist and urologist allows me ( I have a heart murmur plus prostate cancer) Anyway the machine that I choose has not been determined as of yet. Something in the 6000 lb class. I simply want the best bang for the buck. I think that this is a normal requirement. I have been to Deere, Caterpillar, Case, Bobcat, JCB, and finally Kubota. Something that I will mention is that I do not care for second hand opinions. Anyone can say that this machine is a piece of crap. OK, show me the documentation or proof. Talk is cheap but unless you have some sort of documentation to back up your claim then keep your mouth shut. BTW,As for now the Deere 26G is on my radar if my dealer can find me one. Thanks for asking, Ken

  37. #37CM19952022-01-31 19:00

    Ken I'm not going to keep my mouth shut and nobody else here on HEF should either just because we don't have some sort of documentation you deem fit for discussion on any given brand. This is an open forum with open discussion full of opinions, questions, experiences and tall tales. It's up to you whether you participate or not.

  38. #38Oldcatpusher2022-01-31 20:50
  39. #39Steve Frazier2022-01-31 21:55

    Kenskip 1, you would be well served to consider the advice of our members, whether it be firsthand or not. Many construction workers network with other workers and it doesn't take long for word to get around of a poorly built brand. The fact that Sany doesn't have a lot of representation here should also be considered, if it were a good value and reliable there would likely be a number of our members who own them. As CM1995 mentioned, this is an open forum. It's up to you to filter out the responses you get.

  40. #40Kenskip12022-01-31 22:44

    Steve, First of I meant know harm. However it gets under my skin when someone says something derogatory that is simply hearsay without anything to back up there statement. I say give them a chance to prove there worthiness. If they can't take the heat, then get them out of the kitchen. And in closing, I want to apologize if I stepped on anyone toes. As mentioned I meant know disrespect for the good people with mechanical knowledge that you share with others on this great forum. Thank you, Ken

  41. #41KSSS2022-02-01 12:25

    What frustrates me is that these Chinese companies create very little in most cases, what they do is rip technology from around the world. With the backing of the Chinese gov, patents mean little to them. They steal intellectual secrets from companies and governments and build everything from ultrasonic weapon systems, to front end loaders. and compete against the companies that they stole the technology from. What I am pretty certain about, is they will get quality right, and already have in many respects. When time, effort and money can be spent on refining the manufacturing process, and not spent on R&D (that was paid for by the company they ripped the tech from) it is only a matter of time that they dial it in. What I am curious of is given the evolving geopolitical issues that are here and on the horizon, how will that effect the business aspect of doing business with China? What happens when China takes Taiwan (and they will, I have no doubt)? China has the world by the short hairs in many respects, they simply provide too much to us and the rest of the world. So while every heavy equipment OEM has items made in China, those supply chains will likely be an issue moving forward if things get hostile. However, what about owning an entire piece of equipment that comes from a Chinese company? Look at what Russia's grip on fossil fuels is having on Europe, just think if Russia made the majority of items that everyone around the world used.....like China? Getting back to the point at hand, even if Sany was better than anything else made in the world, I personally, wouldn't buy it. It is nearly impossible to buy anything of substance that isn't touched by China in some way, but somethings I do have control over and this would be one of those things.

  42. #42John C.2022-02-01 14:14

    The only aspect of business that China has on anyone else is labor costs and that is starting to fade away. Textile production is moving all over the world now because Chinese laborers are demanding better conditions and better pay. Check the tags next time you are shopping for clothes to see where it was made. The cost football is going to get kicked all over the world. China is trying to use their capital to leverage other country's natural resources. They will find out like Japan did, that just because you buy their building or build some highways or improve their ports, it doesn't mean a third world country won't just take over those assets and not pay you or give you favored treatment for very long. Think middle eastern oil for an example. It's a world wide economy now and things are going to change at an ever increasing rate. The ride through the next ten years is going to be exciting. Stay calm, monitor and adjust.

  43. #43djordje12022-02-01 15:39

    In my area they offer 5 years 5000 hours warranty, they started producing Telehandlers in Germany for Us market Sany is owner of Putzmeister concrete pumps too

  44. #44Birken Vogt2022-02-01 22:09

    I did find it interesting that they basically own most of Putzmeister. They must be serious about some things. I have seen my share of Chinese junk that could not be serviced by anybody. And was built doomed to fail from the start. Mostly it had no name though. They are trying to make a name and that is good for the user into the future, usually. However, some outfits just sell junk to the homeowner market knowing it will not get many hours. And the customers keep coming back, thank you sir may I have another. Time will tell which camp Sany is in but I do not want to be the guinea pig.

  45. #45KSSS2022-02-01 22:32

    I think Sany is in it for real. They appear to me to be committed to making it work in NA and all over the world. The Chinese play the long game. They certainly know it will take a generation to make in roads here and it likely take at least that long and a lot of cash, but I think they will play it through. They offer long warranties and a cheap price as the motivation to try them out. We will all see how that works.

  46. #46Tones2022-02-01 23:06

    Sany has had a presence in one form or another for over 15 years in Australia. Liugong has been here longer. In the early 90's Korean machines came on the market, Hyundai, Daiwoo now Doosan are still here. From the get go they were rubbished but over time there seems be an acceptance and are considered honest machines.

  47. #47skyking12022-02-01 23:17

    Off topic, but I had one experience with the early Daewoo and it was well and truly a dog. It did things at the end of operating ranges that no Cat, Hitachi, Komatsu did, scary things. I don't know enough about the pumps to know why, but it was bad berries.

  48. #48JPSouth2022-02-02 08:42

    I see a few of them appearing here, mostly in the 5T-6T class. A few years ago, a municipal project either bought or rented a substantial sized tele crane which has been on site for some time. I saw 3 appear this year on Craigslist with well under 1000 hours on them, I guess that might say something. A local new/used machinery dealer apparently is a dealer, part of a chain of storefronts in CO, MT and NE. I have not seen anything built by them firsthand, only know what I've heard. I prefer running older equipment, anyway, so other than keeping up with the tech and occasionally operating new stuff for friends' projects when they're short-handed I'm out of the loop.

  49. #49diver2022-02-04 06:10

    I am purchasing a sany sy16 .. It came in at 27,400 with thumb.. I recently moved to SC and have the need of a backhoe for the property.. The price was right for me and all i could afford. I sure will update with any problems . This machine will be not be used commercially and mostly used in clay and sand .

  50. #50keif2022-02-04 11:01

    Not as inexpensive as I thought they'd be, $1000 less then I paid for a similar weight Takeuchi with hydraulic thumb, quick hitch and two buckets. That was 2019 though so the Take may be more now.

  51. #51mowingman2022-02-04 11:04

    Will be awaiting you reports on it's performance. This type of info is what we really need to see how these things work out over the long run. Good luck and keep all of us here on the forum updated.

  52. #52HilltopNH2022-02-05 11:09

    I’ll be using a new SY35U this year for land clearing and light commercial work. I’ll add updates (good/bad/hopefully not ugly) once I get some seat time.

  53. #53Txhayseed2022-02-07 22:11

    Go out to your Cat/deere/Case or what ever. Take off every part made in china. Then go out to your ford/dodge / Chevy you pull it with and take off every Chinese made part. Then the trailer you put it on. What do you got left. Not a whole hell of a lot.. Global economy, global products. You think cat or Deere has some American putting together hydraulic pumps and motors... Nope all built in china. But the box says xyz so you feel good. Same factory built 50 pumps that day for cat then 50 for Deere and so on and so on. Thats every manufacturer no matter who it is. Sany uses all those very same components made by the same people day in and day out. Sany has a huge parts/ distribution center in Houston now. Anyone who is saying china this china that junk this junk that. Not me not ever. Truly has no clue about how the modern equipment business works, operates and revolves from supply to finished product. Its just make you feel good to have a dealer you can pull into and have parts and warranty. Unless your out of warranty you just paying that dealer to give you said china made part to you with a smile and 90 percent mark up. But what ever makes you feel good. Personally I wouldn't think twice about buying a sany product. Less capitol invested more return on said investment. More money in my pocket. If your in this business your already know your machine has a set life expectancy. Ive never bought a skid, mini or back hoe expecting it to last a lifetime. I go into it knowing if its not getting worked and worked hard its not paying me back. If i can work a machine that cost me 30% less to own and still recoup the same returns I don't care what stickers are on it. 2 of the top rental companies in the US started investing in Sany. But thats not surprising since they run a business and run a business knowing how the world wide machinery industry operates.

  54. #54Kenskip12022-02-07 23:03

    Very well said. This is what I have been trying to pass on however many others have the blinders on and refuse to take notice. They see the name and instantly go into the defensive mode. BTW, look at your tv remote, GPS, and many other electronics. Most made in China. Not to mention cordless power tools, the list grows. Ken

  55. #55KSSS2022-02-07 23:25

    There is a lot to unload in that post. I will just say don't forget to do the math on the total value. You paid 30% less up front. What is its value when you rotate it out? That may change in the future, but today, you would be lucky to only lose 30% on the back end.

  56. #56Txhayseed2022-02-08 08:27

    Very true that is a factor KSSS. One has to consider that into their over all purchase and long term business financials. But im my experience trading in a machine is like trading in a work truck. I already know im on the back side of it and i plan that in. Luckily with new machines costing what they do these days the used market stays pretty hot. At least in my area. Ive had just as good of luck selling them outright to guys looking for an affordable used machine to get started with or expand with. Usually after 3-3500 hrs with 90% of it with a breaker im expecting a lower price on resale or trade

  57. #57Vetech632022-02-08 08:31

    LOL This looks interesting! Alot more Sany stuff is showing up here in Eastern OK. A month ago, I saw 2 MASSIVE lattice boom Sany cranes on a big construction job here, bought buy a major and reputable general contractor. I remember when I saw them being shocked and thinking "Good luck with that!" I have no dog in the fight here. All I DO have is past experience with Chinese equipment 20+ years ago. Back then they were cheap **. The metallurgy was horrible, and the cotton insulated electrical wiring just need a spark to be a catastrophe. Were these machines Sany?......No they weren't. I haven't even seen a Sany anything up close, but I know contractors that have rented them recently, or have purchased. The bad reviews outweighed the good 2 to 1. The last report I got was a brand-new excavator on a turnpike expansion job here about 3 years ago. I saw it work for 1 week...........then sat over a ditch line for almost 2 months. I was told it was worthless and that the contractor was waiting for it to be picked up. It had broken down something major and there was no support. It's well known that the Chinese have always been copiers of other manufacturers across the board. They never innovate anything; they just copy with cheaper labor and materials and manage to undercut competitors. If you really want to see it, just look through the threads where someone has bought a brand-new copied part for their equipment that doesn't work like it's supposed to. I have to believe the equipment is the same way.

  58. #58CM19952022-02-08 09:21

    The difference is not the parts that are made in China per se, it's the difference between an American company and a Chinese company. The Chinese business philosophy may have changed in the recent years but I'm not willing to gamble my hard earned money at this stage of my business career, no sense in changing what works for a couple of dollars. In my 20 years experience of owing and operating equipment the purchase price is the cheapest component of equipment O&O. Parts, service, fuel and labor far exceed the cost of initial purchase price. Equipment Share rentals is running Sanys here in their rental fleet and I've seen a few on sites rented by other contractors. Company putting the gas tanks in on a truck stop we are working on rented a 365 to dig the tank holes. After watching it work and doing a walk around I was not impressed. And before the flame starts - I've been to China twice and visited many electronics factories with a former business partner. This was the mid 2000's. Went to Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Beijing. Even flew China Air while inside the country - that was interesting. Went to the Canton Fair in Guangzhou where a company had a very poor copy of a D7R in the parking lot. Horrible quality. The Canton Fair at that time was a giant trade show that was not equipment centric, that D7R was the largest machine on display. Everything American there was a copy - Coke, Marlboros, Jack Daniels - you name it was fake. The Chinese just have a different business philosophy that I was able to see first hand that just doesn't align with mine. Now that may have changed but there is no reason for me to give it a shot at this stage of my game. Just my $.02 on spending my hard earned dollars without any blinders on - YMMV.

  59. #59zeroo2022-02-08 19:35

    No, they have no epa or environmental regulations. Which is one reason everything is made there. American companies molding any kind of plastic or dealing with chemicals can have their products made there with no cost on recapturing and treating.

  60. #60CM19952022-02-08 20:11

    On the first trip to China we were riding along a newly constructed 4 lane divided concrete highway not far inland from Hong Kong. We passed one of many newly constructed factories along that highway seeing one that literally had orange smoke coming out an exhaust stack, traffic barrel orange. What they hell they were making and sending out the stack is anybody's guess. While riding the bullet train from Hong Kong to Guangzhou we passed more than one creek crossing that was black as used motor oil that stained the banks of the creek at the last high water mark. Also passed several ponds with wooden structures built over the top. I asked our guide about the structures and he told us the wooden structures housed pigs over the pond where they raised tilapia underneath. You can make your own assumptions on that ecosystem. Just my $.02 first hand, YMMV but I would advise against eating Chinese farm raised tilapia.

  61. #61zeroo2022-02-08 20:36

    Lol. No, but that’s disturbing. Wonder what government agency the local citizens can call to complain about it? China is a communist government that is getting rich and powerful off of capitalism. The world would be a better place if it was turned into a glass parking lot. I favor Japanese fish.

  62. #62KSSS2022-02-08 21:08

    This is me walking to the freezer to see where my Tilapia came from. I was in Hong Kong just before the Chinese took it over. We stopped there enroute to Thailand as part of a Marine Expeditionary Unit. I could tell you what bars the pretty girls hung out at, other than that...I got nothing. I understand now many residents wish that China had not taken over Hong Kong. Now if we want to talk about Pattaya Beach and Bangkok, Thailand....I have much to say. Sorry I digress.

  63. #63CM19952022-02-09 08:21

    I prefer fresh Gulf fish straight off the Alabama docks. And let's not go down the road of turning things into glass..

  64. #64John C.2022-02-09 10:15

    I suppose that if China is that bad with their industrial waste, the problem of China will solve itself.

  65. #65Orlando2022-02-10 02:52

    There is a lot of the Sany rubbish in forestry in Australia and they are just that, cheap rubbish, cracks in booms after no time bolts coming loose poorly put together and terribly uncomfortable they would be in my opinion at the bottom of the heap for serious excavators and you pay for what you get... Not sure how many more times I have to say it and if you do not believe go and buy one and see. Like pretty much anything I have purchased from China whether it be agriculture or earthmoving its a harsh lesson and money wasted NOTHING I have purchased from China for serious work has lasted . I have found the best quality has been South Korean or Japanese. It is also a concern that most Cats now are made in China and why our purchase this week of another new 30 ton machine was not a Cat.

  66. #66zeroo2022-02-13 09:20

    So Deere and hitachi split…wonder what the odds are Deere will use sany for their small excavators.lol obviously hitachi was taking too much of the bottom line.

  67. #67HilltopNH2022-02-13 10:14

    Orlando, could you give us more details on the problems (where the booms crack, which bolts to watch)? We ended up with a Sany becuase there wasn't much else available locally and the purchase had to happen by the end of the year.

  68. #68CM19952022-02-13 10:53

    A version of the story I read was Hitachi was the one that wanted out so they could pursue their own dealers and push their brand in the US market. It appears that JD got the better end of the deal with factories and tech so it may have been Hitachi wanted the divorce, who knows.

  69. #69keif2022-02-13 11:34

    How do you like the machine and what model is it?

  70. #70John C.2022-02-13 11:35

    Hitachi sold controlling interest in their manufacturing company to another firm. Hitachi will be able to sell other types of equipment; wheel loaders, dozers and articulated trucks in addition to their excavators. I read one article that said the split was an expected future event when the joint partnership was signed all those years ago. Dissolving a joint partnership isn't always a negative event. As far as Deere goes in the future, I see them as rising in stature on all lines. Engineering seems to be at the least on par with the other three majors in the construction and forestry markets. They are the tops in Ag. They lag in the mining industry and it might not be an industry they want to dip a toe in at the top levels. I don't see them linking up with any Chinese companies in the future which in my eyes is a plus over Cat, Komatsu and Volvo.

  71. #71Birken Vogt2022-02-13 12:14

    I think it is interesting that Kohler parted with them for generator engines a few years back. Kohler bought Lombardini a long time ago, and slowly migrated that direction. But I believe the second tier generator mfrs. are still using Deere.

  72. #72HilltopNH2022-02-14 21:50

    Keif It’s an SY35 and we haven’t used it yet. We’re waiting for the weather to break. I’ll update once I get some seat time.

  73. #73zeroo2022-02-20 12:37

    Cant wait to see some long term reviews. Huge issue with Chinese products made by Chinese company is the materials used are not on par. The rubber is usually of lower quality, metals are not as good, paint and plastic fades quicker. Time will tell.

  74. #74keif2022-02-20 17:39

    There's a guy on the tbn forum with a new sy35 second day of ownership and it will no longer start. Sany dealer says it's probably a bad diode made into the fuse box....looking forward to see where this goes and ends up.

  75. #75RZRGAMER2022-02-27 14:20

    I believe this is the plant making them.

  76. #76John C.2022-03-01 11:10

    "high cost performance" That's what people here are saying. They cost a lot to keep them running.

  77. #77CM19952022-03-01 19:00

    I just spit a malted beverage on the screen!

  78. #78Acoals2022-03-03 09:38

    At the end of the day, I really don't care how good they are, I ain't wearing a China hat to the game. I know everything is made in China, but you had better write something other than Sany or Lui Gong on the boom if you want me to buy it.

  79. #79keif2022-03-03 18:47

    Its was a Sy50 not a 35. Problem was a blown fuse in the +12v cable at the battery. Dealer didn't have one so they hooked it up without while waiting for it to come it. No idea why it blew.

  80. #80Birken Vogt2022-09-10 20:57

    Just stumbled across this video. I assume they would not hire a 2 bit outfit for this job, whoever is cleaning out the creek thought Sany was good enough...or maybe they are trying it out.

  81. #81uffex2022-09-11 04:48

    Good day I received some product details of the europe set up in Germany, I was rather surprised that the quality of the information was so good. While I am not promoting the product it appears that many of the components used in the assembly are in fact suppliers to other well known makes - Kawasaki - KYB - Rexroth. May be of interest. Kind regards Uffex

  82. #82John C.2022-09-11 12:32

    It's known here as catalog engineering. You pick your components off a list of possibles and then design the frame of the machine so they will fit. The technique as far as I know is from Japan and is a big reason all the excavators are so similar in basic design. Cat, Sumitomo and Kobelco have done the same thing for many years. Hitachi and Komatsu seemed to have traveled to their own music.

  83. #83zeroo2022-09-11 18:00

    . That’s pretty neat. Its spare no expense when the rail needs fixing. We have a local guy that got huge doing that kind of stuff. Rj corman. I grew up with his, i guess nephew. That’s was before he made it big, rj’s uncle was the original big guy. He had a development company with all the big machines.

  84. #84crane operator2022-09-11 18:24

    Looked like all cat equipment to me in the drone footage- except for the long reach excavators. Not a lot of long reaches sitting around in yards, so I bet they took what they could get.

  85. #85CM19952022-09-11 19:41

    I see RJ Corman trucks and equipment here all the time. As far as the Sany goes I'm with Craneop probably a rental and what they could get. Equipment Share rents Sany's here pretty cheap and seems to have a decent sized fleet so be on the look out for late model "lightly used" rental returns on the auction circuit in the first quarter of '23.

  86. #86mowingman2022-09-11 20:41

    I think RJ Corman is not what it was when Mr.. Corman was still alive. They are the second largest derailment contractor in the U.S., with Hulcher being the largest. However, I know some Hulcher managers who tried moving over to Corman, for more money. They did not stay long there, and moved on to other derailment contractors, due to working conditions. I also just read that several Corman Railroad Div. executives have left, and started their own shortline holding company. As mentioned, there is BIG money in the derailment cleanup business. Jeff

  87. #87zeroo2022-09-15 18:26

    Derailments do seem like a spare no expense situation.

  88. #88Oliver19882022-11-02 03:02

    How about Putzmeister VS Schwing?

  89. #89DDoug2022-11-02 09:58

    85 trains run thru Erie Pa each day, and Yes, Corman has an office here. However, it's the old "RailPower" office and they originally came From B.C. Canada. I know a few drafters that worked there, not sure when Corman came in (and bought RailPower) just what they doo anymore. RailPower was making a hybrid switcher loco's. Does Corman build ?

  90. #90mowingman2022-11-02 11:25
  91. #91Kenskip12022-11-06 22:02

    A local contractor bought a Sany 35 I believe. More of them are showing up on youtube.

  92. #92apetad2023-02-28 17:25

    Their sales strategy is a long warranty period. I would like to ask this question: What good is a really long warranty period if THEY CAN'T FIX IT and stays in shop 18 months? Warranty does not cover replacement machine or travel time etc.

  93. #93apetad2023-02-28 17:27

    Owned by the Chinese Government

  94. #94apetad2023-02-28 17:33

    Nor Labor Unions nor patent laws

  95. #95apetad2023-02-28 17:35

    Like Yanmar has done!!!!! And done pretty well I might say!

  96. #96Birken Vogt2023-02-28 19:41

    Fill me in, what did Yanmar do?

  97. #97skyking12023-02-28 20:56

    Here is the thread that Diver posted about his experiences. I figure it is a good cross-post to keep an eye on. HeavyEquipmentForums

  98. #98apetad2023-03-02 15:04

    Yanmar went from marketing their machines under the Gehl & Mustang name to establishing their own YANMAR branded dealer network.

  99. #99Thefp2023-07-06 18:05

    I love mine so far. Given no problems, half the cost of cat, dealer had been fantastic not that it has needed service.

  100. #100Thefp2023-07-06 18:13

    I love mine so far. Given no problems, half the cost of cat, dealer had been fantastic not that it has needed service sany has been good to me so far. Buddy of mine burned up a brand new John Deere with 30 hours on it in my driveway. Jd treated him like crap. Didn’t get his machine back for almost a year. I would have never been able to afford a 60 model in any other brand. But that’s ok cause cat would never call me back anyway. I can just imagine what their service would be like!

  101. #101CM19952023-07-06 18:35

    Welcome to the Forums Thefp. Glad to have you. Well you sure do love your Sany as your first 3 posts here on HEF are extolling the Sany virtues. Who's your dealer?

  102. #102Thefp2023-07-06 18:42

    Bodie at Appalachian equipment solutions. He’s been tops. And yes I do love it so far but still on the honeymoon with it. Will let you know if my opinion changes. But it does **** me off people are just bad mouthing them with no experience with them. It’s all I could justify $$$$ wise and it’s a 55 hp not a 26. Cat would not even return my calls. Bodie answers my questions after hours and on weekends, not that he would do that all the time I’m sure. Five year warranty, I’ll roll the dice on it.

  103. #103CM19952023-07-06 18:56

    Are you a contractor or is the machine for your personal use? Personally I don't have a high opinion of them from the handful of Sany excavators we've been around and operated on job sites, in addition to 25 years of owning and operating heavy equipment. It's just a personal opinion from an industry full of opinions, don't let it bother you.

  104. #104Thefp2023-07-06 19:02

    Oh yea I totally understand everyone has the right to their opinion. Just seems like people get jumped when they say something nice about them. Like I said I’m still in the honeymoon phase but I adore it. I’m a plumbing contractor and I use it around my house and I am planning on doing excavating work where I just moved back to in West Virginia. I’ll answer any question that anyone has. Just did first oils change and they made it so easy I didn’t get a drop on me other than putting the oil on the filter o-ring.

  105. #105skyking12023-07-06 19:12

    Yrs indeed. I earned the right to badmouth Daewoo, for example, when I ran two different 200 class machines and they both could not walk and chew gum at the same time. The pumps and hydraulic circuits were wrong by design. I'll also say straight up that the 303.5 CAT is not as nice to operate as my 35G Deere, and I can go over the details of why. i probably won't get a chance to operate a Sany, as nobody has them in their rental fleets around here. One place has some 3 year old pictures of Sany in their rental fleet but all they have now is Kubota and Bobcat. I asked them if they still rented out Sany. We'll see what they say.

  106. #106MG842023-07-06 21:57

    For moral and political reasons I do not do business with Chinese companies, especially on a large ticket items and durable goods. People really need to stop JUST thinking with their wallets, we’re headed down a bad road...

  107. #107Birken Vogt2023-07-07 00:55

    I tend to agree on principle but not in practice. If Deere and their cohorts are not making a machine that people want, simple, stupid and able to fix it, then by all means buy Chinese. Deere and the others are using intellectual property laws to shove garbage at everyone here.

  108. #108skyking12023-07-11 21:48

    The rental outfit got back to me and I thought I'd share some real world experience. This is a quote from Paul Mason County Excavator Rental "There good machines parts are kinda hard to get. Compared to the Kubota's and Bobcats we have now they are a lot slower and they don't have a floating blade but are just as strong. They used to be a good deal at 30k when we bought them in 2020 but now being in the 40s, they are just to close to the name brand units to justify the cost also their financing is not as good as Bobcat or Kubota. Hours for hours the Bobcat E35 seems to be the best as for wear but the Kubota is very close both closing in on the 2000-hour marks. For home owner use if you can get the Sany in the low to mid 30s it's a good buy. " I asked his permission, and he went on to add: "I don't care but the name brand machines are better. the Sany is not a bad machine if you can get it cheap enough. "

  109. #109KSSS2023-07-12 21:46

    I am curious resale wasn't mentioned. What little I know about the rental industry, getting a higher percentage of your money back when you sell your rental equipment is a big part of making money in the business. Did your contact mention any of this? Does the reduced initial investment disappear at sale time or do they hold their value on the resale market?

  110. #110skyking12023-07-13 09:17

    good point and no, it was not addressed.

  111. #111PeterG2023-07-20 11:36

    While Sany is in no way a preferred model, at least Sany is a big Company. Here in Seattle looking on Craigslist, I see little models (1-2 tons) from Lynx, Agrotk, Vicsec, Groundhog, AGT, operating with Briggs and Stratton Gas Motors. Even Northern Tool has one. Yikes!

  112. #112redneckracin2023-07-20 11:54

    any of them probably beat the pants off of hang digging...

  113. #113Thefp2023-07-20 12:09

    Running my Sany sy60 c right now. I’ll say it again prob not half the quality of a cat or jcb but was less than half the price brand new and has five year warranty on site warranty which hasn’t been tested yet.

  114. #114PeterG2023-07-20 12:10

    That's true. And for the price of $9000.00 it could be cheaper than having some employees, that these days don't show up, or have no idea how to use a shovel. Then again, although the build quality looks great for the money, it's in the details on how the machine may last. On this web site, we all know about parts and repairs. I think I would still suggest a name brand mini digger with a diesel engine, 3500 hours, a couple of buckets and a bit more money.

  115. #115spib2023-08-07 22:10

    According to this guy, sany voids the warranty on machines sold at auction.

  116. #116mikefromcanmore2023-08-29 07:44

    525 hrs on my sany sy50u. great little machines. no where in this thread of haters did anyone come up with a specific issue other then CHYNA. hate to break it to you but everything comes from chyna. your politicians sent all of the industries overseas and deindustrialized north America. wish it wasnt so but it is a reality

  117. #117mark ingeman2023-08-29 19:35

    love my sy35u

  118. #118apetad2023-11-29 18:16

    I believe Lui Gong is owned by Chinese investors, SOME Chinese manufacturers are owned by the CHICOM Government!!!!!

  119. #119apetad2023-11-29 18:18

    Does warranty cover a loaner or rental if it stays in the shop 6 months for repairs under warranty? Nope

  120. #120apetad2023-11-29 18:22

    LOOK AT ALL THAT SMOKE IN THE SKY!!!!!!!! We cannot do THAT in USA

  121. #121Tones2023-11-30 15:47

    No skin cancers because it cuts down on UV rays. BTW it's what Gates is advocating to stop climate change.

  122. #122mikefromcanmore2023-12-10 16:56

    does any warranty does any warrantycover that? nope. you dont get anything for free in this world. I got to ask what you *** up that took 6 months to fix? oh, I bought another Sany, sy16 this time put 11hrs on it so far. I got 700hrs on the sy50u with steelwrist x06 so far. great little machines and inexpensive enough that home owners are buying these little ones

  123. #123Birken Vogt2023-12-10 17:11

    When I was doing fire trucks, we were starting to write contracts like that. Too many spent too much time in the warranty shop right after purchase because of some doo dad that was too hard for anyone to fix.

  124. #124mikefromcanmore2023-12-10 17:40

    I bet that was cheap. you can PAY for a warranty like that 'zero down time' but it aint a standard thing anywhere now is it

  125. #125Birken Vogt2023-12-10 21:35

    You put it in the bid docs and have several bid on it. It's all rolled in. It does not have to exactly be zero down time, but expeditious repair.

  126. #126apetad2024-01-02 15:30

    6 month backlog on hydraulic pump, no parts

  127. #127Popo552025-02-15 15:08

    How many mini/midis are made in the USA? I too always did my best to avoid foreign products, but I will say that the USA worker today is not the same as a couple generations ago. I have been disappointed many times chasing the "Made In the USA" label. Just sayin

  128. #128Thefp2025-02-15 15:21

    Look how many cats are made in china and you are paying 3-4 times what a sany costs. Before you start spouting off they are made in usa you better do your research, many are not they are made in china. Oh and don’t miss out on the cat offer of 50$ off on a cat purchase that is offered on facebook right now. 50$ ? What are they thinking. i’m never buying cat and my buddy’s John Deere caught fire and burned in my driveway with 18 hours on it. it was defective and he was without it for over a year.

  129. #129zeroo2025-02-15 15:35

    There is no comparison to product made in china by western companies, micromanaging production vs a Chinese owned and designed/built product. We only use the the cheap labor and lack of emission regulation in china, not their engineering skills.

  130. #130CM19952025-02-15 16:10

    Both my Cat 305's are made in the USA. 2018 and 2024 models.

  131. #131MG842025-02-15 19:00

    They don't have to be made in USA, just not in China. I buy USA whenever I can for all the reasons one does, but I also buy quality products from Japan, Germany, UK, Canada, etc. While my primary reason is just to buy good stuff, I also like to support companies and countries that still value quality, workmanship, capitalism and their workforce. China does none of those.

  132. #132CM19952025-02-15 19:08

    The larger Japanese made Cat's I've had over the years have been good machines except for the DEF issues on a 325FL. I hardly ever say never but I can say with confidence I will never own a Sany.

  133. #133laidback012025-02-18 05:06

    Just piping in here a bit: I bought a beat to hell John Deere 50ZTS mini. Good machine after a summer's worth of repair work (I'm a home owner who doesn't work in this field). Anyway, the guy I bought it from replaced the Deere with a Sany. A 2001 Deere replaced by a 2024 Sany. Same basic sized machine - about 10k lbs each. I just talked to the guy I bought the deere from - he's a home builder here in MT. Right now, it's winter, loads of snow, etc. He's not using it much, trying to do interior work as much as possible. His primary use for these is septic tank digging and installation. He's stated that the Sany is an OK machine, but had he a chance to do it over again, he'd get something else. He's already looking to unload the Sany - it's just not the same machine. Lots of "creature comforts" as he calls it, but it's not a workhorse. He's put just under 1000 hours on it, and it's had some electrical issues which he didn't describe well. Says the backfill - using the side of the bucket to push dirt back into the hole sucks... So slewing speed and power are less than the deere, but using the backfill blade is good. Sany has a 4 way blade or 6 way, I don't recall now, but Deere has a fixed blade, so that's superior. Sany has what feels like better digging force, but then... the deere was in bad shape when he got rid of it. Overall I'm actually impressed he's still got as high opinion of the 20+ year old machine he got rid of after 1k hours seat time in a new machine. I've invited him to come try it out now that I've fixed all the issues with it and repinned the Deere so it's a wonderful worker again. Unlikely he'll be out here as it's about an hour away from him. Anyway, I'm glad I got a nice older machine that I *can* work on, and that's something a guy like me can make into something useful that can and does useful work for me. Pretty sure he wishes he'd bought another Deere or tried out a Kobelco or something. He's just not happy with the Sany ... but it was 10-15k less money for that machine vs the others. way it goes.

  134. #134diver2025-02-18 07:45

    Im only at 135 hours on my little sy16. Still runs great . Understand that i bought to only use on my property and no other work. What i like is the ability to get in and around in a tight place. What i hate is the short tracks that seem to want to launch me to outer space when going over rough ground. I did bend a hyd cylinder shaft when a tree fell against boom. Sany replaced the cylinder at no charge. No regrets as it has done the work around the farm just a little slower than what a experienced contractor could do . Being able to have the width of tracks to extend out or in is a plus for me..

  135. #135Acoals2025-02-18 13:39

    Interesting; my older 305C (2006 ish) is Japan built, probably Mitsubishi. It has a Mitz engine.

  136. #136colson042025-02-18 16:11

    Cat started building mini ex's in Athens, GA in 2013, including the 305. They still build them over seas as well for other markets, but anything sold in the states comes from the GA plant since then.

  137. #137CM19952025-02-18 16:18

    2024 305

  138. #138Acoals2025-02-18 16:39

    That must have been starting with the "E" model . . .

  139. #139CM19952025-02-18 17:18

    Maybe. Not sure about the D models

  140. #140TXRweather2025-02-18 17:41

    Sany's warranty will only apply to the original purchaser. It is not transferable. If you see one at an auction that is brand new, it won't come with a warranty. Buyer beware. Ask Clint over at C&C equipment how he found out about that.

  141. #141Birken Vogt2025-02-18 21:06

    I think it's transferrable but not if it goes through an auction. Private party only.

  142. #142DM&RDBulldog2025-02-19 12:26

    For a little over two years ive had a Sany SY75C and SY80U as almost permanent rentals. I have not had any issues with either of them. For the price point they seem like fair machines. My local Sany dealer is selling them about 15% cheaper than established name brands. The SY80U has been the same exact machine for the time ive had it rented. Myself as well as one employee have put almost 2,000 hours on it. The SY75C has been swapped out for a different unit once but overall we've accumulated about 1500 hours between those two. If they were not DPF equipped id have already bought one based on my seat time so far.

  143. #143laidback012025-02-19 13:26

    this is really cool. I'll keep Cat in mind for when i go looking for a dozer.

  144. #144TXRweather2025-02-22 13:45

    I will agree that many CAT items sold as used/new in auctions are being made and shipped from over seas. Look at the hand written notes on the windshields at the auctions. This is the latest stunt by privates sellers to sell overseas made equipment in the US. The unit has 1020 hours on it. 1015 are at idle speed and 5 hours is at full throttle and moving. It got the 1015 hours on it by idling on the ship while crossing the big pond. The 5 hours is coming from moving it. Private sellers are doing this so they can claim the equipment is used, as Cat won't allow new equipment from overseas to be sold in the US market, unless it comes directly from them.

  145. #145CM19952025-02-22 14:50

    Thanks Colson.

  146. #146Daewoo # 22025-03-08 16:33

    I’m an old fart who loves his little Daewoo DSL 601. It’s little Yanmar diesel has been unstoppable and an ever ready bunny! I know progress moves forward and the big machines are necessary for today’s requirements in construction, but If I were able to afford a new ctl it would most likely be the smallest of the 3 Yanmar track loaders, a 65 I believe. There are a lot of choices but with all the new electronics anyone looking to make a purchase needs to consider dealer reputation as utmost importance. The last thing anyone needs is a dead 60,000$ machine with no support on the maintainance side! I belong to the Skid Steer forum and read all the dilemmas the owners face. Be safe, Alan

  147. #147Birken Vogt2025-03-08 17:19

    I never knew Sany made equipment like this or this long ago but here it is

  148. #148CM19952025-03-08 17:34

    Welcome to the Forums D#2! Glad to have you. Yanmar makes a great engine, never owned one of their machines.

  149. #149laidback012025-03-09 07:49

    yeah, we all make choices, and live with them. I'm a pro American guy, but when I see American companies having their stuff built over in foreign countries... well, it gets frustrating. Buy a Deere Excavator - well, anything really - you have to go big to get American made - I personally don't have a lot of knowledge here - do any of the American branded machines get made in the USA for Sub-20klb machines? The point of the above thought - If it's OK for the equipment makers to have there stuff made overseas and rebranded and sold - then it's OK for us to just buy from the original manufacturer under their brand. I really don't know if Sany in particular has white-labeled any of their gear, but it wouldn't surprise me.

  150. #150MG842025-03-09 09:33

    I try to buy American when I can, but for me the bigger issue is NOT buying durable goods made in China. I have no problem buying from other foreign countries that build quality products and engage in fair business and trade practices. There are lots of excellent products made in Japan, Germany, Canada, UK, etc that I will gladly buy. A lot of American mfgs have rebranded Japanese and European equipment as their own for decades and I'm ok with that. I'm not Ok with them selling complete machines made in China, including Cat.

  151. #151CM19952025-03-09 11:55

    Yes both my 305 Cat mini's were made in the USA. Credit to Colson on the background - Next Gen D3 is also made in the USA as well as both my 279D's.

  152. #152crane operator2025-03-09 12:04

    They've been in the crane game quite a while. They have a distribution center here in the Us, and are really cheap to buy when new, compared to domestic or european production. The resale on them is terrible.

  153. #153CM19952025-06-12 18:45

    EquipmentShare here was running a fleet of Sany's however here recently I've seen new Linkbelt's out on jobs. Drove by one of their larger yards today and didn't see any large Sany hoes but several shiny Linkbelts. Just an observation.

  154. #154smifwal2025-06-15 09:59

    I have a 2022 sy35 been a great machine and was far cheaper than the other brands. It is pretty basic machine no real bling. I looked at a cat 304, no technology it was $70k with warranty 2500 hours/5years and travel and 2 buckets. I can't remember what the monthly payments were but 5 years of payments and then a $30k buy out. Sany was $42k 5year/5000 hours with travel 2 buckets $885/month for 4 years and done. With what I saved I was able to put earthworks on it and was still money ahead. I am told they move and operate slower than their competitors. I have had only a few small issue like fuse blowing or a bad relay. I couldn't plug and play autos for my grade controls because the sany is hydraulic over hydraulic. There is a valve box and some more hoses and solenoids that could make it work but given the cost versus reward on the smaller machine I decided not to. When I buy a bigger machine as we expand I will look at the cats again but I pretty sure I can buy the sany and out fit it with grade controls and be way under the cat with cat grade

  155. #155Stick-man2026-06-20 13:46

    Can you tell me which dealer? I live in Middle TN. Thanks

  156. #156smifwal2026-06-20 20:22

    Sany has territories, if I wanted financing I had to buy from the dealership in my area. But I don't see how a dealer says they won't provide warranty service because they didn't sell the machine unless they are trying to be spiteful because they didn't get the sale

  157. #157KenMac2026-06-21 16:07

    I would think that the warranty would be a corporate contract, not dealership selective. That makes me think that the dealer is a questionable company.