Need help finding scan tool for cat and other equipment, I found some threads about a clicker were dose one bye it? I work for a small company with a mix of equipment. I'm looking for scan tools for cat and Kamatuse, and Mack truck. I had a code on there 6R and I have no way to clear it or diagnose it. Know the dealer is coming out to look at it. I'm trying to make it so the dealer never has to come out. Need help finding some good tools to help with diagnosis.
We use Snap-On scan tools. We have a couple of the Nexiq/ProLink scanners for heavy duty trucks, and Solus and Modis scanners for the light trucks and other vehicles. it sounds like you're looking for scan tools for equipment, which I really don't know much about. I have had some luck pulling generic engine codes on some cat stuff ,but that's about it as far as equipment goes .
The clicker box will let you read and clear codes on many different types of Cat machinery. The issue with it is you still need a code book to find out what the codes mean. That would require a subscription to SISWEB. If you have a bunch of Cat Iron the SISWEB subscription is well worth the cost. That and the clicker box and you wouldn't necessarily need the computer and software.
A guy on craigslist sells this. They use a code generator for factory passwords. I know it has ET and Insite not sure what else it has or you can get. For the cost it would be worth it don't know what the dealer charges where you are at but around here it would be about $500 for them to come out. I know a couple guys that run this system. It works but one complaint was updating. I have never used it. http://kansascity.craigslist.org/tls/4937507397.html
Look at epcatalogs.com