Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

scanner/oscilloscope

NCPIPELINE ยท 2013-01-23 16:55

Hey Guys, Here is the question, single mechanic at a busy company lol. My boss is ready to let me purchase our first diagnostic piece. Cost is really not a matter of important, but more function. I have several 6.0 fords, a 4.5 powerstroke ford, a couple of bigger 650 & 750 with Cummins, and a few mitsu/fuso to toss in there. Also a few chevy and ford passenger trucks I need something that has a broad spectrum of the equipment it can read. Any ideas?

Replies6
  1. #1johndeere1232013-01-23 18:38

    I use an OTC Genisys at work, and really like it, it is durable and has never let me down. I would assume all of those trucks have OBD2, but the 650 and 750 may be j1939. I think you can get an adaptor for the OTC if that is the case. I also use a prolink, but mine is getting pretty dated now but it works very well with the large trucks.

  2. #2NCPIPELINE2013-01-24 06:00

    Ya I have been looking at OTC they have just came out with the Genisys Touch and that looks pretty good. I think it is between that, and maybe the AutoEnginuity

  3. #3Moremph2013-01-24 13:46

    Auto E is going to work great for the light duty stuff, But not supporting for the md and hd stuff, I have a matco determinator with hd and it is a relabeled otc genisys, dont waste your cash the ld software works but auto e is far superior and the md is useless. I recently bought a computer with hd software from a guy that always has em listed on cl, they are refurbed lap tops with most software for the hd trucks. send me an email and i can get ya contacted with him [email protected] As far as the ford specific stuff thier vcm2 is reasonable and works well with the ld stuff and i believe they have an hd adapter Travis

  4. #4NCPIPELINE2013-01-24 14:58

    Hey Travis, can you break that down again for, you got me a little lost there...

  5. #5tmccutcheonweld2015-03-09 00:10

    We have cat loaders and dozens Hitachi hoes doosan loaders hoes and rock trucks a volvos hoe kenworth trucks with cat and Cummins what would my best bet be for diagnostic tools?

  6. #6nowing752015-03-11 16:07

    Get et for cat and cummins insite they will be the best for thoes and you can get them on the Internet for a good price. You will need the cat com 3 adapter for the equipment and a nexq for the cummins and cat truck engines. Not sure what you need for doodad. I use a census for the pickups but I think the auto e might be better.