I almost peed my pants watching this vid, i would have really hated to be the opp. loading this brut on the float. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHdf8QV9gkw enjoy. -Ben
LOL wow reminds me of the first time i loaded a D7 way to fast on our beaver tail lowboy only i went up in second gear and come off the side a little smarter
I think it would've gone on better in reverse!
I agree. Without the blade on, it is way tail heavy. Metal on metal is slippery.
do the rippers not work or sumthing? they help if you just give things a little push down dont they!
yeah i was just thinkin that why didn't they think of using the rippers when the cat was a little farther back? then maybe they wouldn't have scared the crap out of themselves. just a thought though.
I was wondering why the "operator" didn't put a little pressure on the ripper to get the nose down. I bet they were REALLY puckered backing it off!!!!!!!!!:drinkup:beerchug
Placing old tires on the ramps gives good grip and makes loading safer.
Should've dropped the ripper shank, if it would not clear the beaver tail, and load in reverse. Looks like one of those lazy moments when someone makes a decision to "just load it, we don't want to go through the hassle of dropping the rear shank". From my experience those lapse's of judgement can have bad consequences.:bash Luckily for those numbnuts, no one was hurt.
Im surprised they dident blow any tires on that trailer....that dozer hit hard....
yeah that dozer did hit hard. it maybe could have slipped off if it had hit any harder right?
Yeah if he wasn't perfectly centered and straight it would have been very easy to slip off the side. I just don't understand why he seemed to stop for long amounts of time before suddenly going wide open throttle... gotta be easy on that decel pedal.
How high do you think the top of dozer is, looks kinda of high to me for transporting on road. I think if the dozer had slipped on the side, it would have done some damage to the trailer as heavy as the dozer is.
No problem, if anything, the operator actually tried to ease onto the trailer a little to carefully. He should have kept moving instead of stopping. He could have let the ripper down a bit to help as some have suggested, but so long as he was lined up straight, no big deal.
We
Agree. Was told years ago, just do it Not really the right trailer for that machine but sometimes that's all you have
16 year dead thread bumped by a 'Bot with one word.