Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Schield Bantam C35. what does it weigh?

workshoprat92 ยท 2014-12-15 10:48

Does anyone know the weight of this C35 in the crane configuration?

Replies9
  1. #1bigshow2014-12-15 14:25

    About 15,000 lbs.

  2. #2workshoprat922014-12-15 18:41

    I saw somewhere on line that said 10 ton but that was with backhoe set up. Can't imagine the crane configuration being that much lighter. it sure looks to me more like it would be around the 15k lbs range. I need to haul this crane from Colorado to Springfield mo. It looks like I should be OK using a 24 foot goose neck trailer and ford f_250. Just don't think I can get the crane, all the stick sections, jib, 3k headache ball and clamshell on the same trailer.

  3. #3bigshow2014-12-15 19:11

    The ball can sit in the closed clam up between the tracks and the jib can sit along side the boom on the deck. If your slick and you have pin together boom, you can fold the boom under and lay it all on the deck. A fella was just asking a similar question on the H.C.E.A. Page on Facebook. Was it you?

  4. #4bigshow2014-12-15 19:19

    So here are some specs straight from my Bantam manual: 9,950lbs. for the upper structure with a 1,500lbs. counterweight. Add 2,344lbs. for 25' of boom and a 3/8yd. clam bucket. Add 2,192lbs. for a backhoe attachment, 30" bucket and the gantry.

  5. #5workshoprat922014-12-15 19:28

    No it was not I and this is the only place I have asked. On the upper structure what does that mean. Does that not include the carriage frame and tracks?

  6. #6bigshow2014-12-15 19:34

    I would imagine so, a truck mount and crawler weigh the same in this spec. Add a couple thousand for the carbody and tracks and you got your magic number.

  7. #7workshoprat922014-12-15 19:37

    Sounds like I could haul the entire load no problem as long as I can get it all on the trailer.

  8. #8bigshow2014-12-15 19:46

    That's entirely up to you, if you threw some sand/kitty litter on the ramps and pulled the drag cable through the fairlead and hooked it to the trailer. You may be able to help yourself up the ramps without sliding off the trailer, you will essentially be a yo-yo and you can slide off, but it lessens the chances.

  9. #9Tfyork2023-07-29 14:05

    Tc350???? Does anyone have info on this