Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

School me on tilt rotators

ak_snowbear ยท 2011-04-17 23:47

Anyone have one on a 5T machine? Which model rotator? Like it? Web searches are not turning up much for USA dealers. Probably something to do with my search?

Replies4
  1. #1Per Eriksson2011-04-18 15:56

    For engcon, http://www.digproinc.com/ or http://www.x-attach.com/ EC05B should be a good fit for that weightclass. For Indexator, the RT20 model fits a 5tonner. Rick Gordon (1519) 754-2172 [email protected] Around here I'd say 99% of machines between 3-30ton have a tiltrotator and of these Engcon and Indexator have a 50/50 market share, it isn't really any big differences, they both have their strenghts and weaknesses.

  2. #2X-ATTACH2011-11-01 17:13

    Check this video out, where the tiltrotator is being used in the states. http://www.youtube.com/user/XATTACH

  3. #3digger242j2011-11-01 18:30

    X-ATTACH, welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums. If you take a look at the Forum Rules, you'll find: (Bold added.) Having looked at the YouTube channel you linked to, it appears that you are a vendor of tiltrotators. As such, I've removed your other three posts linking to your video, and left this one as you introductory post, as it's the most recent discussion of the topic. Please don't spam the forum like that again. :cool2 If you'd care to explore sponsorship, contact Steve directly.

  4. #4KSSS2011-11-01 20:56

    I spent a lot of time at the demo booths at ConExpo looking at these. If I remember correctly it seemed that the dealers/OEM were out of Canada and Europe. Some were oil bath and others were grease lubricated. I would like to have one. If I remember correctly one brand (which I don't have in front of me) was around $14K for my 6 ton Takeuchi.