Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Science channel’s heavy metal task force

slagpot ยท 2009-10-04 10:28

Hello all, Have any of you folks watched the science channels new show heavy metal task force ? It comes on Fridays at 9:00pm EST. I watched the first show and was saddened by the lack of good coverage. They named a ericson sky crane "blade" not to mention other stupid names for heavy equipment. I see it as such,they don't have to name equipment stupid names to get folks to watch. The machines them-selfs say all that needs to be said. Should still be a cool show to watch though.The next show friday the 9th. Slagpot

Replies5
  1. #1surfer-joe2009-10-04 14:54

    The ignorance of the general public and particularly the media never ceases to amaze. Every construction or mining machine is just a "steamroller" to them.

  2. #2NL1CAT2009-10-04 16:28

    Lol same over here... no matter which piece of equipment its always a bulldozer.. :beatsme

  3. #3Chris917862009-10-04 17:09

    I thought the show wasn't bad, but the presentation of it was blah

  4. #4Copenhagen2009-10-05 12:04

    I watched it the other day. As soon as they started giving stupid names to machinery I was immediately turned off. There are very few shows about the construction industry that represent actual facts about the equipment. Modern Marvels does a fairly good job but even the slightest bit of misinformation about the most common sense stuff makes me wonder. The show featuring the Alcan Highway says that an old cable operated D-8 weighs 8,000 tons. The episode about earthmoving showed a pull pan and they said it had a 50,000 ton capacity. Since their fact checking is that bad, I wonder what other information they are misquoting on stuff that I dont know much about.

  5. #5slagpot2009-10-06 13:56

    Thats the same things I noticed in alot of shows regarding heavy equipment. Dang that grinds my gears. Patrick