Aluminum Tag on Machine Reads: Serial Number 40363 Model Number DDK031-2E Thanks in advance. I have a Parts Book and an Operation and Maintenance Manual for a D31P-18A, however the manual and parts book show this dozer with hand pull levers to steer, while the actual dozer has four foot pedals. Left most is incher, then left brake/clutch, then right brake/clutch, then a small decelerator pedal. Google search of DDK031-2E doesn't help. Back story: Off road motorcycle club in Northeastern Pa ( www.bmer.org ). We use this machine to groom a motocross track. I am the dozer operator. We recently sold our 1972 JD450 and purchased this machine. Local Komatsu dealer says machine is a 1987 based on serial number.
That model number doesn't show up in any of my books. From my point of view, it's probably a gray market machine. That serial number should get you most any parts you need. A D31P machine is a low ground pressure unit with very wide tracks. Do you know the width of the pads on your machine?
Is the DDK number a BLADE id number? Your avatar pic looks like a 17 or 18 series D31. The 16 series had a 4 cyl engine,& 17 onwards had a 6 cyl.
This is a 6 cylinder machine. I don't know the pad width off hand, I will go measure.
I think the last lever steer D31,may have been a 15 series...maybe early 70s. The 16s were pedal steer.
Any help on my serial #? 34014 It's a D31p 17. Thanks in advance. Newbie here.
Welcome to HEF Marcus !
Thank you Tinkerer
It is a 1987 Marcus. There was one sold in an auction and here is the info. the serial number is very close to yours. https://www.purplewave.com/auction/131205/item/f5379