Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Scratch-built CATERPILLAR 224B Excavator in Scale: 1:9

Chris M. ยท 2011-09-24 12:13

Hello again guys, Here you can see a CAT 224B excavator, that I built 3-4 years ago, but I've never finished. Made by hard paper, stuffed with DOW styrofoam. The hydraulic cylinders are made of plastic tubes. I hope some day I'll finish it. Hope you like it, enjoy! And the DEUTZ engine

Replies2
  1. #1MailaN2011-10-01 04:51

    Are you the only one who made those miniature? Wow! You're so good. How I wish I could also make one. But no matter how many cash advance I'll pay for arts and crafts class, I think I won't be able to make it. Did you have a formal study about such creations?

  2. #2Chris M.2011-10-01 12:16

    Thanks! I appreciate your comment. I didn't have any studies about scale models building. I began modifying models about 20 years ago and a few years later I began building my own models. My first models wasn't good at all, but day by day my models became better. It's all practice.